Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-17-2022, 08:26 AM   #1186
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Not sure if this is something I accidentally did or if it's a result of a change in the latest update of Calibre, but when I included "Identifiers" in the book details display there used to be individual clickable links* for each library that included a book in its catalog, and now they're gone. Thoughts?
It still works for me with the latest version of calibre (6.10.0) under Windows. I assume that it is only IDs used by this plugin that are missing and that other identifiers are visible in the book details area. I also assume you have already checked that the odid identifiers still exist and haven't been removed somehow.

Make sure that you do not have "Disable links in book details panel" selected in the Overdrive Link plugin configuration. That would prevent them from showing up. (You need to restart calibre if you change this setting.)

I suggest running calibre in debug mode (right-click Preferences, Restart in debug mode) and see if the log shows any errors. That might give an indication of what is going wrong.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:17 PM   #1187
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It still works for me with the latest version of calibre (6.10.0) under Windows.
After rebooting my computer again this morning, it's back to working as expected. Not sure what the issue was, since I didn't make any changes to Calibre. I'm gonna just blame Windows. Thanks for the suggestions.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2023, 04:33 AM   #1188
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hello, I've got an issue and I don't know if it's the plugin or what... The password in one of my libraries includes a space, and I'm not able to sign in through the plugin. Do you think that can be the reason? I cannot change the password.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:48 AM   #1189
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hello, I've got an issue and I don't know if it's the plugin or what... The password in one of my libraries includes a space, and I'm not able to sign in through the plugin. Do you think that can be the reason? I cannot change the password.
There should not be anything special about spaces except possibly at the beginning or end of a password. I do not have any easy way to test that since my library does not allow spaces in the password field.

Some libraries have different login forms and yours might be processed improperly by the plugin. I can check that if you let me know the library URL you are using.

In the worst case you can omit the sign in credentials in the plugin. That should still allow searching for most libraries but things like determining wait time will be affected.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:29 AM   #1190
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Some libraries have different login forms and yours might be processed improperly by the plugin. I can check that if you let me know the library URL you are using.
I'll do it from home with calibre open, but it's the configuration for Metro library, nothing special, I guess. Thank you very much.

Quote:
In the worst case you can omit the sign in credentials in the plugin. That should still allow searching for most libraries but things like determining wait time will be affected.
Exactly what I was trying to test and why I have seen the error
Advert
Old 01-25-2023, 04:39 PM   #1191
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This is the url: metrolibrary.overdrive.com. Thank you for checking.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:01 PM   #1192
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Most Overdrive libraries ask for a card number and PIN to sign in. The sign in form for your library asks for a card number and last name. I was not able to get past that but assume that there is a second step where it asks for a password.

Without being able to get further in the sign in process I have no way to program the plugin to sign in to that site. Sorry.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:29 PM   #1193
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Version 2.53.0 - 22 Nov 2022

Allowing searching at bilingual French OverDrive sites. Fixes "Unexpected search-text Affichage de 1-9 résultats sur 9 pour...

Handle website change at Cloud Library. Fixes inability to sign in and lack of search results when not signed in.
Very delayed response to this, sorry, but I can confirm that the fix is working for me, and further that I really appreciate your time spent on the fix.

«*Mercredi beaucoup!*»
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:15 PM   #1194
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I went ahead an obtained a card from that library. I see now that the last name IS the password. I tried my credentials in this plugin and was able to sign in without any trouble. However my last name has no spaces.

You may want to double check that the name/password is entered correctly in the plugin. Mine is in all upper case.

While my name has no spaces I tried to sign in using a random card number and a name with a space both through a web browser and this plugin. As far as I can tell the name was sent to OverDrive correctly with a space in both cases. (Though it was obviously rejected both times.)

I am out of ideas at the moment unless you want to PM me your credentials to test with.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:14 AM   #1195
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I went ahead an obtained a card from that library. I see now that the last name IS the password. I tried my credentials in this plugin and was able to sign in without any trouble. However my last name has no spaces.

You may want to double check that the name/password is entered correctly in the plugin. Mine is in all upper case.

While my name has no spaces I tried to sign in using a random card number and a name with a space both through a web browser and this plugin. As far as I can tell the name was sent to OverDrive correctly with a space in both cases. (Though it was obviously rejected both times.)

I am out of ideas at the moment unless you want to PM me your credentials to test with.
Sorry, after reading your post I've checked again... and it has worked, when it didn't work yesterday morning... Sorry to have bothered you, I don't know exactly what has happened, perhaps a hiccup at the library at that moment. Sorry again and
Old 01-26-2023, 07:33 AM   #1196
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry, after reading your post I've checked again... and it has worked, when it didn't work yesterday morning... Sorry to have bothered you, I don't know exactly what has happened, perhaps a hiccup at the library at that moment. Sorry again and
No problem. I was looking for an excuse to obtain another library card since the Brooklyn Public Library no longer renewed mine last year.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:23 AM   #1197
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No problem. I was looking for an excuse to obtain another library card since the Brooklyn Public Library no longer renewed mine last year.
I have the Metro one for the same reason And I'm very happy with it (according to the books I read, that is).
Old 01-26-2023, 08:52 AM   #1198
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
This is probably answered somewhere in the 80 pages, but I can't find it. How do you find the library and branch id? I have my card number and pin and library name, but can't find the ids.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:31 AM   #1199
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
This is probably answered somewhere in the 80 pages, but I can't find it. How do you find the library and branch id? I have my card number and pin and library name, but can't find the ids.
Assuming this is an OverDrive library then the library ID is the URL. For example for the Brooklyn Public Library it is brooklyn.overdrive.com.

Leave the branch ID blank. Most libraries do not need one. If yours does the plugin will tell you in the search results and give you a list of branches with IDs to choose from.

The documentation is in the first post of this thread.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:35 AM   #1200
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Assuming this is an OverDrive library then the library ID is the URL. For example for the Brooklyn Public Library it is brooklyn.overdrive.com.

Leave the branch ID blank. Most libraries do not need one. If yours does the plugin will tell you in the search results and give you a list of branches with IDs to choose from.

The documentation is in the first post of this thread.
Thanks so much! Just what I was looking for. I did read the first post, but somehow missed this.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive