Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-31-2023, 08:31 AM   #1591
chancerlane
chancerlane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary2000 View Post
Configure the Page Count plugin to get the page count from Goodreads and it will work as expected.
I'm sorry I'm not able to help with the KFX problem as I don't use a Kindle.
So upon doing that it gives me an error on all of my books, they are all in AWZ3 and KFX formats currently

Code:
calibre, version 6.11.0
WARNING: Page/word/statistics warnings: Could not analyse some statistics in 1 of 1 books, for reasons shown in details below.

BOOK_TITLE (No identifiers for selected download sources)
chancerlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:37 AM   #1592
koleary2000
koleary2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 7 (2022 Edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancerlane View Post
So upon doing that it gives me an error on all of my books, they are all in AWZ3 and KFX formats currently

Code:
calibre, version 6.11.0
WARNING: Page/word/statistics warnings: Could not analyse some statistics in 1 of 1 books, for reasons shown in details below.

BOOK_TITLE (No identifiers for selected download sources)
You need to supply the Goodreads Identifier so the plugin can pick up the correct page count.
You can use the Goodreads Metadata plugin to download this or, alternatively, the Goodreads Sync plugin whichever works best for you.
koleary2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:43 AM   #1593
chancerlane

Quote:
You need to supply the Goodreads Identifier so the plugin can pick up the correct page count.
You can use the Goodreads Metadata plugin to download this or, alternatively, the Goodreads Sync plugin whichever works best for you.
I have the Goodreads Sync plugin installed already, do I just link it to my goodreads to get the metadata for page counts using the (Link to to goodreads) button after selection a book from my library?
Old 01-31-2023, 08:55 AM   #1594
koleary2000
koleary2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 7 (2022 Edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancerlane View Post
I have the Goodreads Sync plugin installed already, do I just link it to my goodreads to get the metadata for page counts using the (Link to to goodreads) button after selection a book from my library?
Providing you have authorised the Goodreads Sync plugin to work with your Goodreads account (see the documentation on the Goodreads Sync plugin forum for help if required), you can then use the 'Link to Goodreads' function to search for the book profile and download the Indentifiers.

You can also, within the Goodreads Sync plugin, goto 'Linked book' .. 'Switch Goodreads Edition' to match the book you own; but this is not necessary.

Last edited by koleary2000; 01-31-2023 at 08:58 AM.
koleary2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:18 AM   #1595
chancerlane

Quote:
Providing you have authorised the Goodreads Sync plugin to work with your Goodreads account (see the documentation on the Goodreads Sync plugin forum for help if required), you can then use the 'Link to Goodreads' function to search for the book profile and download the Indentifiers.

You can also, within the Goodreads Sync plugin, goto 'Linked book' .. 'Switch Goodreads Edition' to match the book you own; but this is not necessary.
Thank you for the help, managed to get mostly accurate pages on my entire library! Although for some reason the numbers aren't 100% exact when comparing to the goodreads information on any given book, mostly off by 10 or less pages though so not a huge deal thank you!
Old 01-31-2023, 11:39 AM   #1596
davcr
davcr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
This plugin still fetches page counts from Goodreads? I have been getting some errors in the log for months and the count page column remains blank.
I get something like this:
Code:
Count Page/Word Statistics
do_count_statistics - book_path=None, pages_algorithm=2, page_count_mode=Download, statistics_to_run=['PageCount'], custom_chars_per_page=2000, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=None
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 20 (Lao Tse. Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu & Vladimir Antonov)
	Method of counting _page_count_mode=Download _download_sources=[('goodreads', '21828782')]
	results= {'PageCount': None}
	FAILED TO GET PAGE COUNT FROM WEBSITE
do_statistics_for_book:  None 2 Download [('goodreads', '21828782')] ['PageCount'] 2000 True
DownloadPagesWorker::run - source_id=21828782, source_name=goodreads
DownloadPagesWorker::run - PAGE_DOWNLOADS[source_name]={'URL': 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/%s', 'pages_xpath': '//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', 'name': 'Goodreads', 'id': 'goodreads', 'icon': 'images/goodreads.png', 'active': True}
DownloadPagesWorker::run - self.pages_regex=None
Download source book url: 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21828782'
_parse_page_count: start
_parse_page_count: root.__class__= HtmlElement
_parse_page_count: pages_xpath='//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', =pages_regex='None'
_parse_page_count: pages= []
_parse_page_count: end
davcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 12:03 PM   #1597
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you read what it said?
Quote:
Yes, it reached the site.
No, it did not match or find any results.
Either your {identifiers} column has no value that Goodreads can use or it is wrong.
BTW The Import Import List Plugin can return incorrect ID values when matching an empty book if one of the 'matched' books is missing a id.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:10 PM   #1598
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcr View Post
This plugin still fetches page counts from Goodreads? I have been getting some errors in the log for months and the count page column remains blank.
I get something like this:
Code:
do_count_statistics - book_path=None, pages_algorithm=2, page_count_mode=Download, statistics_to_run=['PageCount'], custom_chars_per_page=2000, icu_wordcount=True
Logfile for book ID 20 (Lao Tse. Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu & Vladimir Antonov)
	Method of counting _page_count_mode=Download _download_sources=[('goodreads', '21828782')]
do_statistics_for_book:  None 2 Download [('goodreads', '21828782')] ['PageCount'] 2000 True
DownloadPagesWorker::run - source_id=21828782, source_name=goodreads
DownloadPagesWorker::run - PAGE_DOWNLOADS[source_name]={'URL': 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/%s', 'pages_xpath': '//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', 'name': 'Goodreads', 'id': 'goodreads', 'icon': 'images/goodreads.png', 'active': True}
Download source book url: 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21828782'
_parse_page_count: pages_xpath='//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', =pages_regex='None'
I just checked here and noted that Goodreads changed their website, so the XPath doesn't work anymore. I'm sure it will be corrected soon by the developer.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:38 PM   #1599
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
I just checked here and noted that Goodreads changed their website, so the XPath doesn't work anymore. I'm sure it will be corrected soon by the developer.
Though I think said developer is moving, with his computer halfway across the world
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:22 PM   #1600
davcr
davcr began at the beginning.

Thanks for the answers, I kind of knew something was going on with Goodreads changing their site, hopefully it gets corrected soon! This plugin is a wonderful time saver!
davcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:24 PM   #1601
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why not use the APNX accurate method in the mean time?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 06:37 AM   #1602
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I've been getting this error message as well:

Failed to initialize plugin: '/Users/HenryGeorge/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/FictionDB.zip'
do_count_statistics - book_path=None, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Download, statistics_to_run=['PageCount'], custom_chars_per_page=2400, icu_wordcount=True
Logfile for book ID 13581 (The Tragic Mind - Robert D. Kaplan)
Method of counting _page_count_mode=Download _download_sources=[('goodreads', '60747416')]
Failed to initialize plugin: '/Users/HenryGeorge/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/FictionDB.zip'
do_statistics_for_book: None 0 Download [('goodreads', '60747416')] ['PageCount'] 2400 True
DownloadPagesWorker::run - source_id=60747416, source_name=goodreads
Download source book url: 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60747416'

But I guess this is a problem with linking to the Goodreads site, from what I've read here?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:06 AM   #1603
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Count Pages v1.12.1 released

Release notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._pages-v1.12.1

Indeed Goodreads fully transitioned over to their new book page design for the website, this particular feature would have been broken (or at best intermittently working) for a while now.

@Waylander - curious about the FictionDB error in your startup debug log there. By chance have you not updated the plugin for a long time? I would suggest uninstalling it, not doing you any good in it's current state, just slowing your calibre startup
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:37 AM   #1604
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@kiwidude - thanks for picking that up. I've no idea why FictionDB is in the debug log, given I have always had the Count Pages plugin linked to Goodreads and nothing else. I'd noticed that the plugin had been working intermittently for ages now, which would tie in with the changes on the Goodreads site. Is there hope that the plugin will be updated to be able to source page counts from Goodreads again, or is this a dead letter, so to speak?

Edit: Sorry, I was slow on the uptake. I see you included a link to the bug-fixed version of the plugin. Thankyou.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:42 AM   #1605
Waylander
Fanatic

Now that I've updated using the new fixed plugin everything works fine again, so thankyou so much for this. Karma sent your way @kiwidude.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin