Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
[KOBO] Strip existing formatting to apply my own default formatting to all books

Hey all,
Having some good success with Calibre and Kobo, but i've found that some books i convert work almost perfectly in regards to base font size and margins, whereas others don't seem to convert into the settings i specify.

Is there some way to force changes on all these books, or is there something simple i'm missing?

FYI i'm converting EPUB to EPUB (nil DRM), using a base font size of 11pt and marings of top 0pt, left 0pt, right 12pt, bottom 1pt.

At least one book looks perfect and extends to the margins i set (except the bottom, for some reason there's still a lot of dead space there) whereas another book seems to apply a bit of the margin stuff and no text stuff, and another book remains completely formatted as per the kobo original.

digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre sets only the overall page margins. Many badly made epub files specify individual margins on blocks of content. The only way to change that is to edit the epub file with an epub editing software like Sigil.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Thanks for the info mate... what a bugger!
So much software to use at the moment; Kobo for firmware, ADE, Calibre and now Sigil all to get the books looking right.
I guess we're all somewhat early adopters, so these things must be done!

I'll check out Sigil and see how i go
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote