Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
marisr
marisr began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook one 2010
OI-on-SD live rel 0.2 not working on BeBook One 2010

I'm using the original firmware V2.02NL.100430 on my Bebook One 2010. I try to install the OI-on-SD live version rel2.0 (oi-hanlin-v3all-live-0.2.zip). But when I start the file boot-OI-V3.exe.fb2 on my BeBook, a screen with a gear is shown shortly, and then it returns to the bookshelf page.
On my SD card (1 GB, FAT16) a file boot.log.txt is created that contains the message "insmod: cannot insert '/root/abook/reloaded.ko': invalid module format (-1): Exec format error".
Do I make a mistake?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisr View Post
I'm using the original firmware V2.02NL.100430 on my Bebook One 2010. I try to install the OI-on-SD live version rel2.0 (oi-hanlin-v3all-live-0.2.zip). But when I start the file boot-OI-V3.exe.fb2 on my BeBook, a screen with a gear is shown shortly, and then it returns to the bookshelf page.
On my SD card (1 GB, FAT16) a file boot.log.txt is created that contains the message "insmod: cannot insert '/root/abook/reloaded.ko': invalid module format (-1): Exec format error".
Do I make a mistake?
Well, the mistake of thinking your BeBook One 2010 is supported by OI

The 2010 edition is a Hanlin V3+, not a standard V3. OI doesn't support it: http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Hardware
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
marisr
marisr began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook one 2010

I mixed up v3+ with v3 ext.....
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
wap502
wap502 began at the beginning.

Device: v3+
when OI can support v3+
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
As far as I know, nobody has released the sources for a driver for the Epson chip yet, although both Hanlin and Netronix are making readers using the chip, and many companies are distributing them. Assuming the drivers are kernel-linked modules, I think they are all obligated to distribute the sources of their Linux sources.

So it may be quite a while. We're still waiting on the V5 sources, I think.
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
propylen
propylen began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One 2010edition(Hanlin V3+ clone)
Noob questions

HI! Someone knows which Epson's chip is installed in V3+: S1D13522 or S1D13521? If S1D13521, is that driver for Linux?
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/FB_BROADSHEET.html

[OT] someone know how to dump dmesg on V3+? This doesn't work:
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Device/V5/Firmware/Output

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The V5 example doesn't work on a V5 either. /mnt is not in the space available for the user to see.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
propylen

DaleDe
I tried /home and /root/abook - nothing happens. Do you possibly know how user could run scripts on V3+?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by propylen View Post
DaleDe
I tried /home and /root/abook - nothing happens. Do you possibly know how user could run scripts on V3+?
Sorry I don't have a 3+ but in general you use coolreader by adding an .fb2 extension to the end of a .exe extension. Linux uses the top line of the script to try and find a shell to run the script in and if found it runs it. Where the answer goes is a different issue.

Dale
Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
propylen

OK, It works - lines need to not be CRLF terminated, EOL converted to UNIX wit notepad++ and now it works like charm. /mnt is SD card, /home is built in storage.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
As far as I know, nobody has released the sources for a driver for the Epson chip yet, although both Hanlin and Netronix are making readers using the chip, and many companies are distributing them. Assuming the drivers are kernel-linked modules, I think they are all obligated to distribute the sources of their Linux sources.
Not really. If it is not integrated into the Linux source tree, it does not qualify as a "derived work". That's a loophole in GPL that Nvidia and ATI are "exploiting" to release proprietary binary drivers. The only requirement is to tag module as proprietary, after which kernel will complain that it is tainted.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Ankh - Thank you, that is an interesting point. I'm not a license lawyer, so I can't comment on the validity of the loophole. On the other hand, speaking as a simple minded programmer, I could be tempted to say something like "I used a published API, I never looked at the (published) sources behind the API, so how am I obligated by the terms of the source license? It's just a module hooked in." So, maybe if it was a clean room implementation...

On the gripping hand, I really hate buying and using secret hardware, even though sometimes I have to - like my car and (many of) my wifi devices.