Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
gczobel
Enthusiast
gczobel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle DXG
Problem with universal flasher

Hi!
The universal flasher doesn't start on my PRS500. When I insert the card, nothing happens.

I used it one year ago without problem. After 4 months I rebrik the reader and now I want to add the clock again...

To test if the card is ok, I added a book to the card and the reader recognize it and allow me to read it.

I checked the following:
The card is formated on FAT format.
.sh files have unix style (not DOS)
Tried with another card with the same result.
Reset the reader.

This is the content of the card root:
+bin
+calibre
+files
+Sony Reader
flash_opt.sh
libfskLoad.so
make_opt.sh

Anyone can help please?
Thanks!
gczobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you have the ePub update for the 500, the universal flasher will not work and should not be used.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert