Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
NekoGurrl
NekoGurrl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
First dedicated ebook reader

I broke down this weekend and bought myself the Sony PRS600, going thru the learning curve on it. Previously had used both Palm and recently the iPhone for ebook reading. Love to read, but eyesight is getting bad and can't read paperbacks anymore. Love the fact that I can change the font size whenever I like on the Sony.

I ended up buying it at Borders on a Saturday night, had trouble finding someone to help, but when I did he was SO happy that I wasn't buying a Kindle! Had planned to get the PRS300, but the memory expansion option on the 600 won me over. I can just pop it out, copy some RTF files onto it and pop it back in. The only drawback I can see is that there is no folder structure I have been able to find unless you go thru the sony software and create categories. With over 95 files on it now, makes finding what I want somewhat difficult.
NekoGurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to MobileRead, NekoGurrl and congratulations on your purchase.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoGurrl View Post
The only drawback I can see is that there is no folder structure I have been able to find unless you go thru the sony software and create categories. With over 95 files on it now, makes finding what I want somewhat difficult.
With RTF files & PDFs I make myself, I tend to put prefixes on the filenames that work as sort-of categories to keep them organized.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi NekoGurrl and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, nekogurrl..

I hope you enjoy your Sony as much as I enjoy my Kindle....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
NekoGurrl
NekoGurrl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm loving the PRS600 so far! Have been working on converting my tech library over to RTF. I do Sofware/DB support and have a lot of technical docs I will be keeping on it, as well as lots of my favorite books.

Almost bought a used Kindle, but the deal fell thru. Really didn't need the book on demand option.
NekoGurrl is offline   Reply With Quote