Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
nones
nones began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
INSTALLING 0.6.29 CALIBRE VERSION

I am not able to intall the latest version of calibre. My computer has windows vista and shows the message that I have attached in a doc file. This happens when the installation is about to finish and it uninstalls automatically.
Does anybody knows how to solve this. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: doc error calibre.doc (154.0 KB, 297 views)
nones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something in your windows is preventing the installation of needed microdoft runtimes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
nones

Thanks for the quick answer, but I have no idea of how to solve it. Any suggestion?

Last edited by nones; 12-21-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try installing VS 2008 runtimes separately

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

And you probably have too agressive antivirus software. Shut it down before installing calibre. Furthermore if you have Windows Vista run calibre setup as Administrator (right click on the msi and choose / run as administrator option )
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
nones

it appears the same message when I try to install VS 2008 runtimes separately and uninstalls as well. Iīm desparate.
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Did you disabled your antivirus software?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
nones

donīt have any. Maybe thatīs the problem and i have the biggest virus on my wifeīs pc.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
kiklop74
Guru

You should check that out.

I suggest following:

Go to Panda antivirus online scan and scan your computer (you must use Internet Explorer for this).

http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeuse...ns/activescan/

If this check finds something strange than you should get yourself a decent antivirus software and clean your machine. However in those case you can never be really shure if all traces of antivirus are really cleaned. Safer solution is to do a clean install of windows and right away put a decent commercial antivirus software.

I personally recommend Eset nod32 or Kaspersky Antivirus. However even the Microsoft free antivirus is good enough (http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/).
Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
nones

Itīs not working. Iīve been told that may be some type of spyware program but i canīt find wich one can be.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
kiklop74
Guru

Than you just have to format your machine and install windows from scratch or if you do not know how to do it call some professional to do it for you.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by nones View Post
Itīs not working. Iīve been told that may be some type of spyware program but i canīt find wich one can be.
Have you tried running Windows Defender by Microsoft?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...r/default.mspx
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #12
nones

It seems to be something with windows. I canīt update windows. I canīt install any program...
Windows defender says everything itīs ok
Old 12-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nones View Post
It seems to be something with windows. I canīt update windows. I canīt install any program...
Windows defender says everything itīs ok
One of the first things a well written virus does, is stop updates of any kind. (you also, can not remove it while the O/S is being used)

Boot the latest stinger (download on a different system) from McAffe
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
You will need a floppy or bootable USB stick to run. Follow the special instructions "for XP and Vista" (temporarily disables system restore)

A full OS install is painfull .
But you said that you did not have any (current?) Anti-virus (Defender claims to be Anti-Spyware), so who knows what you now have on your system?
AVG Free is another option.
Running Windows on the Internet, bare is not a good option
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote