Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
omicroncz
omicroncz began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
problems with the 1.6 update

Today I have tried to update my DR to the 1.6 version, but I have experienced some problems.
First, the pen froze ,after a few seconds the buttons crashed too and I simply couldn`t use anything (except for the refresh button ).

At a second attempt (after re-installing the new software), every time i used the middle button the right and centre ones crashed .Soon after this the battery LED became red (and the device was charged).

I`m a bit disappointed...Has anyone experienced similar bugs?
Could it be crashing because I installed the update "manually" ?(Since I use Vista I can`t do it otherwise because the companion software is not working)
omicroncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Manual firmware update has nothing to do with the bugs your are describing - unless you did something wrong while updating.
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
omicroncz
omicroncz began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myprecious View Post
Manual firmware update has nothing to do with the bugs your are describing - unless you did something wrong while updating.
Oh well it`s good to know i suppose... Although installing v1.5 in the same way as v1.6 works very good, still the device has no response when I try to install the latter. I don`t have any idea what might be wrong...

I guess i`m stuck with the v1.5... (not complaining though (i love my DR)-still waay better than first versions-)
anyway,thanks for the answer!
omicroncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

If there's nothing wrong with your updating the device, then something is wrong with the device itself. Start a ticket at the irex website and have it repaired or exchanged.
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Try the Manual install as per the download and update instructions. Stick it on a clean SD card & then let it install. Occasionally I get hic-ups if I try to the "normal" route via windows PCs
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert