Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Where to get firmware?

Hi,

I just wanted to give the PRSCustomizer a try but I cannot download the firmware file from the link on the homepage. Where can I get the firmware for the 505? Do I somehow need to extract it from my device and how?
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggle4Evr View Post
I just wanted to give the PRSCustomizer a try but I cannot download the firmware file from the link on the homepage. Where can I get the firmware for the 505? Do I somehow need to extract it from my device and how?
Click on the following link to Sony support and under Option 2, choose your Country, Series, and Model. Then make your way to firmware and download the file.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select...=1&region_id=1
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Hi,

If you just want to use PRSCusotmizer, you don't need to download the firmware files by hand. Everything necessary for flashing your Reader is included with PRSC.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
If you just want to use PRSCusotmizer, you don't need to download the firmware files by hand. Everything necessary for flashing your Reader is included with PRSC.
Oh, I thought I would need the firmware... So I can use features like personalisation of the about screen without firmware file? Nice!
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Oh, I thought I would need the firmware... So I can use features like personalisation of the about screen without firmware file? Nice!
PRSC will populate the "sdcard" folder with all the required firmware files for you. You can use that to flash the reader. Just follow the instructions given in the first post of the PRSC thread.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert