Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Dom Perignon IV Speed Contest

Textware Solutions, maker of the Fitaly alternative keyboard, announced the Dom Perignon IV Speed Contest, starting October 1, 2004 and ending November 6, 2004. The contest seeks those who can enter data the fastest on a Palm or Pocket PC, using a stylus. The Grand Prize winner in each category – Palm devices and Pocket PCs – will be awarded a prestigious bottle of Dom Perignon.

Past contest participants cruised at an average speed of 50 WPM, with contest winners approaching or even surpassing 80 WPM, and repeatedly providing a factual demonstration that doing fast text entry on a PDA is a realistic proposition.

Thanks to Michael for submitting the news.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
According to current results, PPC users are definitely in the lead!

The current leader is Jenneth Orantia at 77.19 wpm using Fitaly for the PPC VGA. Hopefully, some more Palm users accept the challenge and submit
entries. The averages so far: average Time: 55.03 seconds for the 40-word test; average Speed: 48.87 wpm.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Has anyone used the Fitaly stamp for Palm or PPC? I'm curious to hear real impressions...
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
Has anyone used the Fitaly stamp for Palm or PPC? I'm curious to hear real impressions...
If I get a T5 I'll be able to let you know soon. (If it is compatible, that is.)

I've tried an alternative program MessageEase, though, and found that while it's pretty neat, it takes too much concentration to enter text. Kind of like Graffiti is not as natural as pen and paper, those strokes are not as natural as graffiti. In fact it's very different so I find it takes all my concentration to enter the letters. I hope to find something much more natural.

I have heard forum comments that people found Fitaly produces less errors (a major headache with a lot of entry methods), so that's a good sign.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote