Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
MorningSong
MorningSong began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
Firmware 3.4: Default to publisher font on KF8?

Hi! I've been futzing with Firmware 3.4 on my Kindle Keyboard for a while, and I've noticed that while it supports publisher/embedded fonts in KF8 books, and seems to remember what you set a book to, it always seems to default to "off"--given that I'm both lazy and a fan of reading books as they were meant to be read, has anyone found a way to coax the to default to "on", when the option is there?
MorningSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
I just tested it on my Kindle KB, 3.4. Set it to ON it shows publishers font (Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton).
I went to home and back and it is still ON.
Went back to Home opened another book without publishers font. Looked at font setting. Went back to home, opened the first book again and it still shows ON.
I have another book with publisher font activated. Changed back and forth and always the first book stayed like I set it in ON position.
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
MorningSong
MorningSong began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keyboard
That's the behavior I've observed--once set on, a book always stays that way. But it's off on new books until I change it.

I'm wondering if there's a way to have it automatically turned on in a new book (unless I turn it off).
MorningSong is offline   Reply With Quote