Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #31
searcher
Edge User

Calendar - Day of the Week

I noticed that when you click on a day in the Calendar (LCD side) and a calendar note opens on the the e-ink side, the day of the week in the upper left corner is often wrong in the e-ink note. The date is always correct, but, for example, you'll see "Saturday" when it should say "Thursday."

Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #32
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I find I am constantly needing to hit refresh or my note/books are grayed out to the right of the page, kind of faded looking.

Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #33
emen
Edge User

I've drawn several arrows with no problem. Cool . I don't have any problem with drawing different shapes as many of you reported, maybe it's because I recalibrated the e-ink side right after the update or you just happen to have big clumsy fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by szegan View Post
That's funny, I thought this also first. I've changed the language on my eDGE to German. Here I can set the screen timeout between 15 sec up to 10 min or turn it off completely.
It seems to be a bug. ;-)
Funny, we should report that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
If you add the Power Control widget to your desktop, the "Lock" icon is the last one. Alternatively, you can place a shortcut to the "Screen Lock" application on your desktop. Personally, the widget is better because you can quickly toggle wifi, bluetooth and screen brightness.
My problem is the screen turning off after 5 minutes of inactivity. I know how to tun it off when I want to. I simply miss some options that were available in the previous firmware.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #34
emen
Edge User

OK, I've just realized that the shape recognizer tool doesn't work after the LCD screen had been turned off. I then have to turn the screen on, and deselect and reselect the Shape recognizer. Maybe it will work for others.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
fgruber
Edge User

Can't change color of handwriting in journal anymore!

Before you could select a text and change the color. Now when you use the select tool it grays out the color selection. So it becomes impossible to change color!

Very annoying.

Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #36
lisa031825
Edge User

I changed color of the ink in the journal. You have to open the menu at the bottom right, then there is a box next to the help that tells you the color you're using. Tap that box and you get the color choices and thickness.

I recalibrated the e-ink side right after the update because it was a little off. No problems with the drawing tool since. So recalibrating is probably the quick fix for that problem. I also found that continuous strokes are better recognized.

I love the journal attached to the calendar. I use Astrid for my to do list and it has a check box that creates matching entries in the calendar. This makes me super happy

I also don't like that the max time-out on the lcd is 5 minutes. I use both sides when I'm teaching and it's often several minutes before I need to do something on the lcd at which point I have to wake it up to move on.

Another (small) annoyance is if you hit the switch button on the reader and you don't already have a journal open, it won't do anything. You have to open a journal (new or existing) from the lcd side before the switch button will work.

Has anyone tried the projector app yet?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #37
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa031825 View Post
I also don't like that the max time-out on the lcd is 5 minutes
SlideMe.org has the MySettings app which goes up to 10 minutes for the timeout (as well as "always on"): http://www.slideme.org/application/mysettings. I have this as a shortcut on my desktop for quick access.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #38
fgruber
Edge User

If you write something in black then how do you change it to a different color?

If I select it then the color selection becomes inactive.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa031825 View Post
I changed color of the ink in the journal. You have to open the menu at the bottom right, then there is a box next to the help that tells you the color you're using. Tap that box and you get the color choices and thickness.

I recalibrated the e-ink side right after the update because it was a little off. No problems with the drawing tool since. So recalibrating is probably the quick fix for that problem. I also found that continuous strokes are better recognized.

I love the journal attached to the calendar. I use Astrid for my to do list and it has a check box that creates matching entries in the calendar. This makes me super happy

I also don't like that the max time-out on the lcd is 5 minutes. I use both sides when I'm teaching and it's often several minutes before I need to do something on the lcd at which point I have to wake it up to move on.

Another (small) annoyance is if you hit the switch button on the reader and you don't already have a journal open, it won't do anything. You have to open a journal (new or existing) from the lcd side before the switch button will work.

Has anyone tried the projector app yet?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #39
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post

The choice of colors is fine on my eDGe, but sometimes part of the menu's dissappear. After "hide menu" and back again it works again.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #40
NiaTrue
Edge User

sjarrel, PonMan suggested recalibrating the ereader to solve this problem.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #41
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post

You mean change the color of something AFTER it is drawn/written? That is supposed to work? Is this a new feature?

Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #42
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
sjarrel, PonMan suggested recalibrating the ereader to solve this problem.
Thanks NiaTrue, that did the trick. Give PonMan a kisss from me.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #43
NiaTrue
Edge User

PonMan:

*kiss* From sjarrel!

Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #44
fgruber
Edge User

It worked before. Not anymore.

That is how I avoided the delay in using color before. I would write everything in black then select text and change color.

Now if by accident I write something in a different color I can't change it. Have to erase and rewrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
You mean change the color of something AFTER it is drawn/written? That is supposed to work? Is this a new feature?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #45
rogersgeorge
Edge User

Hmm. Am I the only one with this problem? On the virtual keyboard I still get the letter P when I press the delete key unless I press way over to the right. This is the same as before the update. Do I need to do something else to make this nuisance go away?