Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #76
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The enTourage store sells gift cards of any amount from $20-$1000. This would be a very simple and hassle free way of donating to robot, and only requires robot's email address. Robot would have no problem using the gift cards to purchase a second eDGe, avoiding the whole international money transfer problem.
That's a good idea. I assume the shipping may still be an issue.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #77
MichaelV
Edge User

or somebody can take donation to his paypal account and ship it to Russia to Robot? Or what about Entourage donating an exdemo device to robot? I think the last has a 0 chance to happen!

Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #78
mrspaceman
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
or somebody can take donation to his paypal account and ship it to Russia to Robot? Or what about Entourage donating an exdemo device to robot? I think the last has a 0 chance to happen!
Entourage donating !!. They don't even want people to write apps (if they did, they would have the Enable Usb Debugging option that is available on phones).

I have to ask the question: Why are we bothering trying to help these people (Entourage) when all they do is throw up barriers against us making progress?

andy.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #79
Snepscheut
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
Entourage donating !!. They don't even want people to write apps (if they did, they would have the Enable Usb Debugging option that is available on phones).

I have to ask the question: Why are we bothering trying to help these people (Entourage) when all they do is throw up barriers against us making progress?

andy.
I bet an other 5 Euro donation Entourage IS going to HELP, one way or an other, to supply robot a development machine!

Jos.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #80
Chubulor
Edge User

Wow, Snapscheut, you are quite a gambler!

I'll take my money to a craps table before I'd make that bet.

Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #81
jcase
Edge User

Considering they gimped the debug bridge, on purpose, this last release. I won't bet on them.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #82
sarah11918
Edge User

FWIW, I would be interested in donating, but I don't really read the very technical threads since I'm not a developer, so I had no idea this discussion was even happening. I only decided to peek in here because there are so few new posts today.

So before lamenting that the community isn't generous or doesn't care about improvements, consider making a specific post explaining the situation and requesting donations to alert the general masses. The last time I looked in this thread, it wasn't pretty. Moreover, I didn't have anything to contribute, so I'd stayed out. If it hadn't been a slow day, I'd have no idea that this was even being discussed.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #83
BNA
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase View Post
Considering they gimped the debug bridge, on purpose, this last release. I won't bet on them.
Could you expand a little? I'm trying my hardest to figure out Linux/Android and kernels, so for a novice what do you mean by gimped the debug bridge? Thanks

Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #84
robot
Edge User

BNA,
that mean that EE's engineers instead of spend some time to correct old bugs, take some time to disable ADB, and to remove iwconfig\ifconfig and other commands which make it easy to connect to adhop network or to make WiFi AP from eDGe.

sarah11918 (e.t.c.)... thanks once again, but to clarify...
I'm not very interested in obtaining a second eDGe. (Personally, I much more interesting in getting the android phone or an old iPhone for some testing).
As for eDGe, it would be useful only to test the firmware, also I'd like to dissassemble it to try to install PixelQi display (and to write a driver for it if needed).
Since I really hate to ask for something, I do not want to create a topic or look needy (if this is the right word). Especially since in any case, we did not find a normal way to transfer money. And also do not forget about the difficulties with shipping. So for me, it would be easier if someone from the active participants will take care about this.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #85
kenjennings
Edge User

FYI: Entourage is one of the few Android tablets compliant with GPL. This article, "Most Android Tablets Fail At GPL Compliance", reports few bother to comply. The list by Matthew Garrett referenced in the article is HERE. Yes, the two eDGE models are some of the few that comply.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #86
Chubulor
Edge User

With the exception of the ViewTabs, the noncompliant ones listed are not significant players in the market. Streak, GalaxyTab, gTab, Nook, and the Archos tablets all are compliant. (Notion Ink hasn't released any source yet for Adam, but they don't have to until they ship)