Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Rooted Nook with 2.5.1

I have a question regarding the new update from NookDevs. I installed everything and it seems to work fine, I notice faster page turns and the finger swipe is much easier. I still don't have some of the 1.5 updates like shelves (not that I really need them since I like the way I have my books now) and I notice in my settings it still says 1.4.

Shouldn't it say 1.5? Or will it still say 1.4? If I go into wifi mode and it updates will there be a problem?
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
There isn't any softroot with version 1.5 published. There are only beta versiond out, which should only be installed by technically skilled people. There's a reason why you don't find anything with 1.5 at http://nookdevs.com/Softroot

Btw: the nookDevs library supports folders and tags, that's superior to the B&N approach. So you won't find shelves in the nooksdevs library, but in the stock library.
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Thanks for the response. I installed within a day or two of the 1.5 update. It's not on NookDevs site, but they have it available. I know they are working on updates, but this one works well. I may not be the most technical person, but rooting my 1002 Nook is so basic. I already had my Nook rooted from the first day I bought it, doing it again was just as easy if not easier.

I do have my books already sorted and tagged on my Nook, as I said, I don't really need the shelving aspect. I was just curious to how it looked and worked. And for some reason I thought the software version would show up as 1.5. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
My softroot 2.5.1 shows up as 1.5.0 in the settings. And i also have shelves in the B&N library app. You won't see it in Nookdevs Library.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Care
Aes Sedai

You know what, I had a duh moment. I installed 2.5.0 since I jumped on it right away it was before 2.5.1. That must be the difference.

I did go to the B&N library and it was the same. It was one of the first things I did after installing 2.5.0. I don't really know that the shelves matter anyway. I have faster page turns and I don't know if it is coincidence, but my battery life seems to be better. I usually charge every 4-5 days and I went 9 days with my last charge.
Advert