Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
soloist66
Enthusiast
soloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle PW11, iPad Air
Question about Calibre Catalog "view" and Icons

Hi. I've been using Calibre for the past month and a half and so far all is well. I have managed to successfully import ebooks into Calibre, convert to epubs and load the books onto my device, fetch news feeds, add metadata, etc. etc. However, for the life of me, I can not figure out the answer to the following.

On various screenshots/videos for Calibre, I see a bar located beneath the main toolbar that seems to display the catalog on the hard drive and on the device (with the number of books in parenthesis). I would find such a view to be helpful and have gone through the various Preference sub-menus to activate this second toolbar -- but no matter what I've selected-- can't seem to figure out how to display this. What am I not doing?

Also, very minor point, the icons that I see on my Mac version of Calibre are a bit different than what I see on screenshots in the Calibre website-- which initially caused me some confusion too but figured it must be due to different icons for Mac vs Linux -- and I've otherwise been able to figure out how to use the app. Can someone confirm this is the case?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 3.27.03 PM.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	60794  
soloist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The bar has been removed, in newer versions, when you connect a device, a new icon is created for the device in the main toolbar. You can click on that icon to see the books on the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
soloist66
Enthusiast
soloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texansoloist66 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

DOH! Okay, thank you for getting back to me. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong --it's a relief to know it's just not there anymore!

I see what you mean --if you hover over the device icon, you see the space availability -- that's just what I was looking for. Is there a way to also see the total space/#books for the catalog that is on the hard drive?

Many thanks, by the way, for all the work on Caibre. It's a great app....
Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the number of books is displayed under the calibre icon when no device is connected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
soloist66
Enthusiast

So it is...Thanks again!
Advert

Tags
calibre, catalog, icons