Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
Bezuchow
Bezuchow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Keyboard
Calibre vs. Oasis 2 - Connectivity issues while sending docs

I posted this in the Kindle section of the forum but I thought it might be a good idea to repost it here:

I have recently experienced strange connectivity problems while sending documents from macOS Calibre (v3.15) to Oasis 2 via USB. First, it seems to take ages to send a single mobi document (ca. 4MB). Second, during the sending process the device wakes up multiple times for a short while in order to return to the USB connection mode. During the process macOS Finder seems to have a problem with accessing Oasis's hard drive and tends to freeze. Sometimes Calibre freezes too and I need to force shutting it down. On the other hand if I wait patiently Calibre usually manages to transfer the doc after about 20 minutes.

I have never had such a problem with Paperwhite 3 or Kindle Keyboard.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Bezuchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a hardware problem. Try a different usb cable/port if that does not work, reset the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
Bezuchow
Bezuchow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you, Kovid. Changing the cable solved the issue.

I have noticed that the cable provided with Oasis 2 works properly whereas my older cable (provided with Paperwhite) generates problems. On the hand, the Paperwhite cable seems to work fine with other devices.
Bezuchow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, macos, oasis 2017