Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Save multiple catalog "profiles"

Hi all.

I use the catalog feature a lot when tidying up my library. I usually generate catalogs with different settings and I frequently go back and forth between those different settings. To do this, I have to re-enter the settings each time.

I wanted to know if there was any way to save multiple catalog "profiles" (for lack of a better word) for re-use?

I did a search of the forum for an answer and didn't find anything, but if I missed it, please direct me to the thread.

Thanks.
DJRM
djrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Saving multiple settings for the catalog builder is not a current feature. I will consider it the next time I'm working on that code.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Saving multiple settings for the catalog builder is not a current feature. I will consider it the next time I'm working on that code.

G
Maybe it should build upon the View Manger PI:

Here is my thinking

When I build a custom catalog, I usually:
1) have a search or restriction in place
2) choose a specific name: eg. Last 30 (added)
3) chose an output: format, profile

When I refresh that catalog, I want the same rules
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
djrm
Enthusiast

GRiker, thank you for considering it!

theducks, that's a really good idea. I use the View Manager plugin heavily and would totally use catalog profiles in that way.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've added a Preset load/save feature to the Catalog builder which will be available in the next release (0.9.24). Presets include Format, Title and all settings on the E-book options tab. Presets do not include any search restrictions or filtering, those need to be applied before opening the Catalog dialog.

You can see a preview of the new UI in the Catalog options section of the Creating Catalogs sticky.

Presets can also be used from the command line, so it's possible to build catalogs from the CLI by referencing previously saved presets.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 03-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
djrm
Enthusiast

Awesome! I will check it out. Thank you very much
Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I've added a Preset load/save feature to the Catalog builder which will be available in the next release (0.9.24). Presets include Format, Title and all settings on the E-book options tab. Presets do not include any search restrictions or filtering, those need to be applied before opening the Catalog dialog.

You can see a preview of the new UI in the Catalog options section of the Creating Catalogs sticky.

Presets can also be used from the command line, so it's possible to build catalogs from the CLI by referencing previously saved presets.

G
Woo Hoo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
djrm
Enthusiast

Quote:

G
GRiker, this works great! Any plans to add this to the csv option?

Thanks again!
DJRM
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrm View Post
GRiker, this works great! Any plans to add this to the csv option?

Thanks again!
DJRM
No plans in the near term, I'm deep in other things. I will keep it in mind the next time I'm working on the catalog code.

G