Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
Kindle and Remote Desktop/Content Server

Not sure if this is a Kindle, Server or generic Calibre question so I'll stick it here...

I have Calibre running on a windows machine and use it to sync books to my Kindle. Now I would like to change out the books on my kindle on the go. I know there are guides to use the content server in the kindle browser but my Kindle usually does not have wifi so i would like to use a second PC if possible.

My first idea was to just use the remote desktop connection that exists anyway but I have not managed to get the remote Calibre to recognize my Kindle. Probably cause windows forwards it as a weird remote drive that is not recognized a Kindle.

Second idea was to just have the content server running and then use that to get the books via PC to the kindle, but unsurprisingly the web interface does not manage devices and as I see it there is no way to tell a local calibre to operate on a content server, right?

Long story short: Is there a way to force Calibre to treat a drive as a kindle or is there a way to have a local Calibre use a Content Server as a backend or should I just stick with downloading books on the pc and then manually dropping them somewhere on the kindle? The last option seems so... inelegant...
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cn use conncet to folder in calibre wont be quite a kindle, but close.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert