Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
klave7
klave7 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11"
[iOS] Connect to Content Server w/ Password

When I try to connect to my content server I am prompted for a username and password as expected. However upon entering my username and password OK is greyed out and I cannot continue.

If I disable my password everything works fine, but I don't intend to leave it open to the public like that.
klave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
During my previous update I must have messed this up somehow when upgrading to swift. I am making sure this is fixed in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #3
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
I can think of a more Anglo-Saxon phrase to use than 'messed up' for what has been done to this once functioning app.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #4
klave7
klave7 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tas03 View Post
I can think of a more Anglo-Saxon phrase to use than 'messed up' for what has been done to this once functioning app.
What a weird and totally unhelpful thing to say.
klave7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
No weirder than the lack of any hot fix after several months.

I guess 10xd organic traffic , whatever that is, is more important to the developer than promptly fixing actual bugs

For sure he's not 10xd his traffic to us , here, at what is still the official support forum?

I wonder how much of the "organic traffic" to wherever it's going, is folks in search of an explanation as to why none of the known bugs have been patched yet.

Last edited by stumped; 01-10-2020 at 03:42 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
Ramp
Ramp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
During my previous update I must have messed this up somehow when upgrading to swift. I am making sure this is fixed in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.
Wait Sam... isn't this the same issue I reported to you via message on here at the beginning of October?

Ninja Edit: Yeah, this was it. I had included a screenshot in our convo.
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
There is something strange going on with this thread. It shows a new post by a certain user, but there is no post. The thread stays on the New Posts sort, even after I've read it, and left the page.

Editing to add...posting myself removed it from continuing to show. I assume a post was removed, which caused the weirdness.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And if you clicked on Ramp in the thread list you got stumped

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
There is something strange going on with this thread. It shows a new post by a certain user, but there is no post. The thread stays on the New Posts sort, even after I've read it, and left the page.

Editing to add...posting myself removed it from continuing to show. I assume a post was removed, which caused the weirdness.
The post was in the Moderation Queue. ??? I am not sure why some have this happen.
I just approved it for release.
BR could see it, but I guess he missed the marking (he is usually way on top of this kind of thing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:24 PM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The last post by Stumped had Ramp for the name, when you looked at the list of threads. It said Ramp, but went to Stump's profile when you clicked it.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The post was in the Moderation Queue. ??? I am not sure why some have this happen.
I just approved it for release.
BR could see it, but I guess he missed the marking (he is usually way on top of this kind of thing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
The last post by Stumped had Ramp for the name, when you looked at the list of threads. It said Ramp, but went to Stump's profile when you clicked it.

What I saw was this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	176443

When I went into the thread, stumped's 2020-01-11 07:36 msg was the last post. When I went back to the list the thread was still bold, so I clicked on Ramp and landed on stumped's profile.

I was about to report it when Deskismess posted, so I chimed in.

Strange.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:42 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

What I saw was this:

Attachment 176443

When I went into the thread, stumped's 2020-01-11 07:36 msg was the last post. When I went back to the list the thread was still bold, so I clicked on Ramp and landed on stumped's profile.

I was about to report it when Deskismess posted, so I chimed in.

Strange.

BR
Really strange. I approved the post before, but when I just looked, it was unapproved AND NO LOG ENTRY. I approved it again and the mark was gone.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:29 PM   #13
Ramp
Ramp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
That's weird... I’m guessing my post was in the moderation queue since I don’t have many posts on the forum yet?
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #14
bferrell
bferrell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Any update on this? My server is password protected, and COPS isn't really working for me so I would love to use this outside of the house...
bferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #15
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bferrell View Post
Any update on this? My server is password protected, and COPS isn't really working for me so I would love to use this outside of the house...
We fixed it! It will be included in the next release.
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote