Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 03:40 AM   #1
price
price began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Unhappy Is it possible to downgrade firmware 5.10.2 for oasis1?

Hi, I updated my oasis1 from 5.9.6 to 5.10.1.1(and then 5.10.2) recently.
However, there is a bug relating to custom fonts (some books can't open with custom font), which arose on 5.10.1.1 and wasn't fixed on 5.10.2.
So is it possible to downgrade my device? Or are there any ways to use custom fonts normally?
price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Which books are those with the problem? Direct Amazon purchases? Sideloaded? The custom fonts don't work with .mobi format.

I've not encountered this bug. All my books are .azw3 format and sideloaded via Calibre.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2018, 02:06 AM   #3
price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Which books are those with the problem? Direct Amazon purchases? Sideloaded? The custom fonts don't work with .mobi format.

I've not encountered this bug. All my books are .azw3 format and sideloaded via Calibre.
I sent some PDF files to kindle with the title "convert". Every time I open these files with custom fonts, my device will freeze and then show the message that the book can't be opened.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post
I sent some PDF files to kindle with the title "convert". Every time I open these files with custom fonts, my device will freeze and then show the message that the book can't be opened.
What happens when you open the book with a built-in font and switch to a custom font once the book is open?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:35 AM   #5
price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
What happens when you open the book with a built-in font and switch to a custom font once the book is open?
that should work, though it's not convenient
Advert

Tags
downgrade, firmware, font, oasis, upgrade