Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-24-2018, 04:38 AM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Themes

Hello guys.

I am trying to use a dark theme for the editor. I've chosen "solarized-dark". But I would like to change a few things, so I tried to edit the theme. When I click the button to create/edit personalized color scheme, Calibre throws an error msg. This is the msg:

Code:
calibre, version 3.34.0
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>ValueError</b>:cannot switch from automatic field numbering to manual field specification

calibre 3.34 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: pt_BR
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 10, 0) && DeDRM (6, 6, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 10, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 4, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 24, 0) && KFX Output (1, 24, 0) && ScrambleEbook (0, 0, 5) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 10, 0) && KFX Input (1, 10, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 5, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 3) && TTS to MP3 (0, 1, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\preferences.py", line 259, in custom_theme
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\themes.py", line 554, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\widgets.py", line 48, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\widgets2.py", line 171, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\themes.py", line 595, in setup_ui
ValueError: cannot switch from automatic field numbering to manual field specification
Righ now I don't know what I will find inside this option, because it fails to activate. Is it possible to choose a color for the selected line, just like on the default theme? All the other themes besides default lacks this functionality. When using "Solarized dark", it does change the color of the element you are inside (for instance, it will change the color o the <p> tag when you click that paragraph). But, the actual line is not highlighted like on the default theme.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 11-24-2018 at 07:39 AM.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that looks like abug in the calibre translation, try temporarily changing your calibre interface language to english and see if the error goes away
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ohand all themes are capable of all features, you just need to define a different color for the feature you want so that it shows up.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that looks like abug in the calibre translation, try temporarily changing your calibre interface language to english and see if the error goes away
Thanks, Kovid. It worked!

By the way, if you want, I could help translating Calibre to Brazilian Portuguese. The software is already translated, but there are two bugs that I can recall at the moment: this one you just pointed out and another one on the "Smart comment" menu item (looks like the h3 closing tag is falty), also on the Editor.

I think the Manual is what needs more work, since there are a lot of sections without translation.

Anyway, I would need some instructions, since I don't know anything about the translating process.

Quote:
ohand all themes are capable of all features, you just need to define a different color for the feature you want so that it shows up.
Once I changed it to English, I could see all the options there. Now it looks just the way I wanted. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks, you ar emost welcome to help with translations: Instructions are at: https://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 05:19 PM   #6
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Thanks, you ar emost welcome to help with translations: Instructions are at: https://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved
Tweaking the translation did the trick. Now, the Theme Editing GUI is working fine. Thank you for the tip!

Now that I know how translating works, I'll keep helping translate other sections.

Just one last comment...

I've noticed a particular behavior: when I launch the Editor and go directly (whitout openning any file) to Theme settings, the "SpellError" rules do not apply to the live panel on the right. On the other hand, if a file is opened on the Editor, then the rules apply correctly. Is this because the dictionaries are not loaded before an actual file is opened?
Old 11-26-2018, 12:28 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah without any book open, the spelling system is not intialized.

Tags
editor, line highlighting, solarized-dark, themes