Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Consider it as the home button...they have the same behavior, so it's pretty coherent I think. Home button doesn't stay "pressed" while you are in home screen for example, and it wouldn't look good if it was like that (to me at least)
Right.. got it now..
All the buttons in the top row behave like that.. get inverted temporarily when you touch them.. acts as a feedback to the user.. similar thing in android/ios.. where you also have the option of haptic feedback..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #17
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Don't know if you noticed it, but now that you have a button for KUAL, there is also a nice bonus: you can switch between kual and other activities using the back arrow. I mean: you are reading a book for example, and wonder how much battery (percent) is left: you press kual button, control the battery status with BatteryStatus app, then click on "back" button and continue your reading, without passing through home screen

Last edited by Aeris; 10-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Yes.. I did notice the use of the back button when kual is running..
Though i didn't imagine the specific case of checking battery while reading..
Because..
  • the battery life of the PW is huge..
  • i can also check the battery icon while reading..
  • rather than reading, i seem to be doing more hacking/tweaking/fiddling/installing the latest and greatest app..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #19
Machinegun
Machinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Hi is there a way we can restore the shopping cart back?
Machinegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinegun View Post
Hi is there a way we can restore the shopping cart back?
Yes, of course. Use the "restore" function. It's in the same place as the "replace" function.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #21
Machinegun
Machinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileReadMachinegun has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Oh I meant the icon (because I didn't make a backup of anything like a dummy). I restored it hoping that the cart icon would restore...it didn't. THEN I ended up deleting the two icons on root level hoping the cart icon would restore...it didn't (there was just a big empty spot). So I just took Aeris' screenshot from the first post and aligned/cropped everything.

Here are the images if anyone wants to revert

Thanks for all the help guys! Although you guys are at a MUCH MUCH more advanced level then a lot of everyday jailbreak users (like myself), you're all still very helpful!

Last edited by Machinegun; 11-27-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Machinegun is offline   Reply With Quote