Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 03:45 PM   #751
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Logs immediately after update from jailbroken Voyage
Attached Files
File Type: rar logs (1).rar (374.0 KB, 214 views)
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #752
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@hius07: I see a (successful) updated hotfix install *before* the update, the update itself, the bridge (apparently) recovering everything after that, and nothing after that (as far as package installs are concerned).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-19-2020 at 04:09 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:35 PM   #753
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I use the screensaver hack in cover mode. I would assume I am not the only one to do so. I am puzzled why Amazon doesn't support this themselves.

Dave
I have been asking that for years. It was the only reason I had JB'd my devices. Apparently I am in purgatory due to updating my KOA2 to 5.12.2. I saw a ray of hope in the recent posts but I got up to installing Kual (Coplate) and it disappears from my device and UPDATE is greyed out.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #754
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Apparently I am in purgatory due to updating my KOA2 to 5.12.2. I saw a ray of hope in the recent posts but I got up to installing Kual (Coplate) and it disappears from my device and UPDATE is greyed out.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...26#post3944226
Old 02-21-2020, 01:27 AM   #755
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm really going to need someone with serial access to monitor a 5.12.x update one of these days, because this is getting out of hand...

I can do that after the weekend if it is of any help. Unfortunately not much time to get to it this week.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:31 AM   #756
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Junket: Definitely! I'll have a chattier bridge for you to install first .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:39 AM   #757
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Sounds good.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #758
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yes, I saw this and that was what got me really excited. But this step fails:
- install KUAL hotfix (from KUAL coplate archive) as update
Old 02-21-2020, 06:44 AM   #759
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Yes, I saw this and that was what got me really excited. But this step fails:
- install KUAL hotfix (from KUAL coplate archive) as update
Have you rebooted the device after installing the bridge?
Old 02-21-2020, 07:17 AM   #760
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle PW4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Junket: Definitely! I'll have a chattier bridge for you to install first .
Loving the teamwork, people
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:04 AM   #761
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Have you rebooted the device after installing the bridge?
I did... but the instructions say to reinstall MRPI and put the Kual package into the mrpackages folder. But the KOA2 instructions seem to indicate you must use the UPDATE version and NOT the MRPI one? Am I missing something? (I am sure I am... )
Old 02-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #762
hius07
Wizard

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=746
Update_KUALBooklet_*_install.bin to be installed via mrpi
Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_*_install.bin to be installed as update
Try both of them.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #763
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Try both of them.
Hotfix appears to have worked... update running now...
Thanks for all your help... hopefully this works...
;mrpi looks good...
Now attempting an update to python and screensaver mods..

Last edited by radamo; 02-21-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:47 AM   #764
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Try both of them.
GOT IT... Screensaver BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's work on these devices.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #765
jimmiejacks0rn
jimmiejacks0rn began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
NiLuJe, this is amazing
jimmiejacks0rn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje