Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #46
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Actually he seems to realize when he's done something he shouldn't have. Naturally we've never punished him, so it must be our cries of horror and despair. He's irrepressible, of course.

A while back he was in the habit of shoveling the water out of the drinking bowls. It took him perhaps a minute to empty the whole bowl to the floor. I got special hard-to-spill bowls from Amazon and barricaded them with various heavy things, to limit the damage. Fortunately he seems to have grown somewhat out of it, but you can never be too cautious.

I suppose I should be grateful he doesn't chew cables. Now that would be a nuisance.
What a pretty kitty! Although since it's a boy I should say handsome.

If he chewed on cords it could be a disaster - he could get electrocuted. One of my kitties likes to chew on cords, but since he doesn't have any teeth he can't do too much damage. He does eat dry food though so his gums are pretty strong.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #47
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Yes, kittens go through "phases" of annoying or life threatening behaviors, but fortunately discover new venues to vent their curiosity ... and drive us crazy!

Our kitten Pixie chews on cardboard boxes ... including her scratching boxes ... there are bits of cardboard everywhere ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:05 AM   #48
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yes, kittens go through "phases" of annoying or life threatening behaviors, but fortunately discover new venues to vent their curiosity ... and drive us crazy!

Our kitten Pixie chews on cardboard boxes ... including her scratching boxes ... there are bits of cardboard everywhere ...
Not only kittens love cardboard. My old and sick sweetie Nublu (who left us in October 2017) was mad for it and paper in general. She chewed all the cardboard and paper she could find into pieces, like a paper shredder.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:48 AM   #49
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
One of my previous cats, a Siamese who lived to age 22, was addicted to chew on any woolen fabric. I told a snobby acquaintance that was why I only wore polyester any more!

Morticia (the cat) also was insane for asparagus, and would steal it off the table even if steak-bones were on the same plate. And the camphor in lip-balm -- if I put on chapstick at bedtime, I would awaken to my lips being thoroughly licked.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:55 AM   #50
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
sorry

Last edited by library addict; 01-07-2020 at 12:58 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:09 PM   #51
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of my three kitties, Ruufi, died from heart failure a year ago (he was probably quite old, though his true age was unknown). After Ruufi's death I adopted Muhv, a long-haired 14-year-old lady who had been abandoned by her family and lived as a stray for several years. An awful fate, especially for an elderly pet. Muhv is very affectionate and loves to have her tummy stroked. She doesn't particularly like other cats, but we manage to get by without any real quarrels.

My two other cats, Helle and blind Vallu, are doing well.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20220226_164731 (2a).jpg
Views:	484
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	192643   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20220126_130340a.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	192644   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220124_095433a.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	192645  

Last edited by Sirtel; 03-08-2022 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:25 PM   #52
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
What a beautiful furry family! Thanks for sharing.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #53
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Muhv is a stunner. And all three are clearly personality plus.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:40 PM   #54
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Muhv is a stunner. And all three are clearly personality plus.
Hehe true, that. Helle (who often looks at you menacingly like saying "Beware!") is actually one of the mildest, nicest cats I've had. She never bites or scratches, not even when I'm giving her a pill. She is very good at expressing her displeasure vocally, though.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #55
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not only kittens love cardboard. My old and sick sweetie Nublu (who left us in October 2017) was mad for it and paper in general. She chewed all the cardboard and paper she could find into pieces, like a paper shredder.
One of my cats is absolutely mad for sticky labels. When packages arrive, he races over, whining and pawing at the boxes till I peel off the address labels. He chews them up and swallows any small sticky pieces. Then he throws them up a few minutes later.

When he's hiding to avoid medication or a trip to the vet, I can lure him out by peeling off a label. He can't resist.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:08 PM   #56
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
One of my cats is absolutely mad for sticky labels. When packages arrive, he races over, whining and pawing at the boxes till I peel off the address labels. He chews them up and swallows any small sticky pieces. Then he throws them up a few minutes later.

When he's hiding to avoid medication or a trip to the vet, I can lure him out by peeling off a label. He can't resist.
One of mine, Helle, considers it her life mission to shred silver foil balls that I make for the blind Vallu to play with. As soon as Helle notices one of them, she immediately tears it into tiny pieces. She doesn't swallow the pieces, just leaves them lying around. The funny thing is, Helle only has 2 teeth left, but that doesn't even slow her down. And she's totally indifferent to paper otherwise.

Cats are funny.