Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-28-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
Boyue Meebook P78 Pro not recognized by Calibre when uSD card present

Hello-

I purchased a Boyue Meebook P78 Pro and updated the firmware upon arrival of the P78 Pro to MEEBOOK-V1.0.0-2022030119.

I am using the Portable Calibre v.5.41.

I am having issues connecting to Calibre. When I first got the device, it connected just fine - with a uDS card inserted. However, once I installed the micro sd card (Sandisk microSDXC EVO Plus 256Gb uSD card, formatted as exFAT), the Calibre threw a comm error and Calibre will no longer work with the P78 Pro. The uSD card reads fine in a separate card reader, and the P78 Pro works fine being recognized by Calibre without the uSD card inserted. When I plug in the P78 Pro with the uSD card inserted in it, I an error message "Error communicating with device."

When i look at the uSD card in a card reader, it shows full 256Gb available, however, in Calibre the card shows 21.7 Gb, although i cannot work with it, or the main P78 Pro device because of the comm issue. Removing the uSD card allows the P78 Pro to be recognized..., and card is fine via a card reader

Any help or insight to the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
JEff
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
jeffdonnelly
jeffdonnelly began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue/Haoqing Meebook P78 Pro
UPDATE:
Ok, an info update after further work...

I tried again with another uSD card.

This time with a Sandisk Extreme PRO 128Gb Micro SDXC I V30 U3 formatted as exFAT.

The first try with this one had exact same results as before in Calibre, with a Comm error thrown. Also, the uSD card had all the directories written to the uSD card by the P78 Pro immediately upon insertion into the P78 Pro e-reader. I subsequently removed the uSD card, and via PC card reader deleted all the folders including the Android and Books folders.

I then recreated a new Books folder on the uSD card and ejected the uSD card from the PC reader and reinserted into the P78 Pro. Upon checking the uSD card after insertion into P78 Pro, I found that P78 Pro had again recreated the Movies, Music, and Photos folders, which i subsequently deleted while in the P78 Pro.

I then plugged the P78 Pro back into the PC running Calibre Portable, and both P78 Pro and the uSD card were recognized without errors. Subsequently, I tried moving books to uSD card via Calibre (Save to Device, Card A) and that also worked as expected. I really believe that having all those folders written to the uSD card upon insertion are causing issues (particularly the ANDROID folder), especially if their are hidden files being written i cannot see or access....

I now have a SanDisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I uSD card on order.... It's very strange that the Samsung card will just not work correctly.

Last edited by jeffdonnelly; 04-29-2022 at 12:08 PM.
jeffdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert