Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Another thing: data transfer via USB-C seems much faster. Noticed this when transferring the latest update .bin file.
More likely the CPU & flash than due to USB-C. I've an external mini-USB (not micro) HDD case with 1G SATA HDD. Far faster than any USB-C ereader, phone or Tablet using USBMS or USB-MTP.
The Canon EOS-70 20 M pixel camera with a 256 Gbyte exFAT format SD card and mini-USB is very fast too. It's a very high speed card suitable for 4K video, though the camera only does HD video with stock firmware.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-16-2022 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Camera is older mini, not micro.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:13 AM   #32
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
How much time does it actually take to charge the PW5 from low battery screen to 100%? Using 9W wired charger.
Amazon states 2 - 2.5 hours.

But when I've tried changing my PW5 that is bricked (it bootloops every 10 seconds) after ~70 minutes the light has already turned green. I've charged it with 5V 2A (= 10W) charger.
This Paperwhite model uses 1.5A max unlike my older Paperwhites that used 0.5A...
My PW4's light turns green when it is at 93% only.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2022, 08:48 AM   #33
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Anyone got any tip for what wireless QI charger works with the Kindle Paperwhite Signature? Does the Anker PowerWave Stand - 10W work (Is the charging point high enough?).
I am at a loss, as the .nl amazon site does not carry the charger that belongs with it, and all the info they, very helpful [sarcasm] give is a list of 10 chargers that absolutely wont work with it..
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:45 AM   #34
Mikkail
Mikkail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Graphite DXG
Interesting to read all the comments. I've got a Voyage and a DXG - both get used on a daily basis. To me, the location of the power button is what would stop me buying one. I use a Kensington slip case for the Voyage, as I like to see my custom screen savers, so the argument that a cover protects the button doesn't wash with me. I cannot believe that the button is not recessed!
Mikkail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:35 AM   #35
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkail View Post
Interesting to read all the comments. I've got a Voyage and a DXG - both get used on a daily basis. To me, the location of the power button is what would stop me buying one. I use a Kensington slip case for the Voyage, as I like to see my custom screen savers, so the argument that a cover protects the button doesn't wash with me. I cannot believe that the button is not recessed!
I am right handed, but hold the reader with my left hand while reading, it is quite comfortable and i never have problems (huge hands) with the power button, the cover I use (the cork one) does not protect the button (at all) so if you have a problem with the button, that will not fix it.
I really do not get why they did not place the button on the top, it is a bad design decision to say the least.
One thing i can tell you after a short while using it, it is blazing fast compared to the 2018 model, open the cover (I have the system setup to show the cover of the book i am reading), see the text appear, page turning is nearly instant.
There still is a lot to be desired, design of the new 'home screen' is crap, quickly browsing trough pages of a book still sucks, sigh.. But overall I love the big screen (sold of my Oasis, so now i just have the 2018 model and this one).
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2022, 05:24 AM   #36
DrivingTest
DrivingTest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I bought my partner one to replace her Kindle fire. She loves the look and feel of it, and it's a great reading experience, but she's not impressed with the navigation (no change there then!).
DrivingTest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 05:30 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingTest View Post
I bought my partner one to replace her Kindle fire. She loves the look and feel of it, and it's a great reading experience, but she's not impressed with the navigation (no change there then!).
Do you think she may have been better off with a Kobo Libra 2?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote