Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-17-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Note Pro Firmware status

I've upgraded my Note Pro to Android 9 and still don't get an update whilst being on version 3.1

Can anyone post at what version the normal Android 6 firmware is now?
Does anyone with an Android 9 Note Pro have a newer firmware than 3.1?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I've upgraded my Note Pro to Android 9 and still don't get an update whilst being on version 3.1

Can anyone post at what version the normal Android 6 firmware is now?
Does anyone with an Android 9 Note Pro have a newer firmware than 3.1?
Careful what you wish for. There are apparently some significant issues with V3.2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_cE-5sN6w

I still have V3.1 on my Android 9 Note Pro, and it seems that that may be a good thing. Hopefully, they will roll out a fixed update of 3.2 to the Note Pro at some point in the future. Until such a time, I am just as happy to avoid it.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:49 AM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Yes, I saw that they're rolling out 3.2.1.

Both that and someone posting that they upgraded to Android 11, made me wonder where we're at.

Still, normally you can easily downgrade, if you saved the previous firmware version. So if I can get rid of the current bugs, I am willing to try a new set.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:32 AM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
I saw Firmware v3.2.1 update for Android 6 Note Pro. Note sure if they will have Firmware v3.2.1 for Android 9 Note Pro.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 06:10 AM   #5
Markismus
Guru

Still no update for Android 9
Old 07-21-2022, 09:57 AM   #6
Markismus
Guru

Today I received firmware 3.2.3 for Android 9 Note Pro.
Old 07-22-2022, 06:44 AM   #7
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Today I received firmware 3.2.3 for Android 9 Note Pro.
HI. I noticed that you have a HiSense A5 ProCC: is it possible to root it? Is it possible to install Google apps/ Google Play on it? Thank you

Last edited by cicabum; 07-22-2022 at 03:13 PM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:57 AM   #8
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
HI. I noticed that you have a HiSense A5 ProCC: is it possible to root it? Is it possible to install Google apps/ Google Play on it? Thank you
I also have the Hisense A5 Pro CC. Haven't a clue how to root it, but it must be possible because there is an "international" version of the device with Google Play on it. However, there have apparently been some issues with the "international" version. You may want to ask about it over in Android Devices forum.
Old 07-24-2022, 04:10 PM   #9
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I also have the Hisense A5 Pro CC. Haven't a clue how to root it, but it must be possible because there is an "international" version of the device with Google Play on it. However, there have apparently been some issues with the "international" version. You may want to ask about it over in Android Devices forum.
Ok, thank you
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:22 AM   #10
Markismus
Guru

I have been keeping updated on a possible root for the Hisense A5 Pro cc with the Unisoc Tiger T610 CPU.

Main problem remains that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Usually it needs an OEM code provided by the manufacturer, but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

There is a dongle for sale called Chinese Miracle that claims to be able to unlock Unisoc T610 chips since February. However, I have only seen forum posts describing failure to do so.

I opened up the Hisense and the chips are firmly covered in a metal enclosure. So manually programming the memory chips seems rather invasive to me, too.

The international version doesn't exist. There is just a workaround installing some Google services, allowing some apps depending on Google services to function. However, the mileage varies greatly and after 2 years of having the device the workaround just seems like wasted work to me.

Rumors worth checking into for the truly desperate are the allegedly nefarious hacking apps such as KingRoot or whatever. I also once saw a post of someone getting into contact with a Chinese person and paying him for remotely unlocking the device for around 25 dollar. Dollars well spend. However, I remember thinking that it could very well be the same person claiming to be both seller and buyer.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:29 AM   #11
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:

The international version doesn't exist.
My bad. I seem to remember that the A5 had an "international" version with Google Play enabled and assumed that the A5 Pro CC did as well. I stand corrected.