Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
ijonb
Edge User

Question SD Card Not Working

On my eDGe (with software update installed), I have a brand new 4GB SDHC Card I have inserted. I get a warning that a blank SD card has been inserted. I click the warning, and it brings up the option to format. I click format, and nothing happens.

If I go into the system settings for Device Storage, the entire SD card section is grayed out, and the Total and Available Space sections are both listed as Unavailable.

Am I missing something?

Old 04-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
D4N14L
Edge User

try formatting the card to fat32 on your computer and place a few files on it (just to test)

Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
SuzInKS
Edge User

How long did you update take? Mine is 3 hours and counting. Can't reboot. Took the battery out. Nothing helps. It just won't reboot and it seems to be in a loop.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijonb View Post
If I go into the system settings for Device Storage, the entire SD card section is grayed out, and the Total and Available Space sections are both listed as Unavailable.
I had the exact same thing happen. I formatted the SD card like 5 times, both on my laptop and in the eDGe itself and it just would never recognize it although it was a card I regularly used in a camera and my laptop read it with no problem. The second card I put in worked fine the first time.

The only thing I can think of is that the two cards were of very different sizes (one was 2GB and the other was 8 or 16GB. The 2GB was much older and the larger was newer). I can't remember which card worked and which one didn't, but I think it was the 2GB that didn't. So definitely try a couple of different cards in the machine, and then collectively maybe we can figure out which cards it does and doesn't like.

Note: although you do have to have an SD card inserted to do the USB transfer, I was able to USB transfer files even with the SD card it didn't like. It was only getting the eDGe to read the card directly that I couldn't do. (I had the greyed out options, just like you when I looked at the device itself, but the card seemed to work OK as being just the card that needs to be inserted while you transfer files with the USB cable).

Old 08-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #5
gertjan.stoker
Edge User

How do I format the sd card on the ege

Advert