Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2023, 06:37 PM   #1
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Copy ClaraHD to Clara2E ?

Hi. I have got one copy of my .kobo from claraHD and others directories, books, etc...
I have bought one Clara 2E. Can I transfer all books and databases to the new ereader?
What information could be passed on to the new e-reader without problems?
Thanks in advance, friends.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 07:39 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If they are on the same firmware revision, you should be able to copy the entire exposed partition not just the .kobo folder. This may only be worthwhile if you have quite a few sideloaded books, fonts, etc. that are stored outside the .kobo directory but it is unlikely to hurt anything.

If you are using NickelMenu or other utilities that have installers, I would recommend installing them prior to copying the backed up files over.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 02:28 AM   #3
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If they are on the same firmware revision, you should be able to copy the entire exposed partition not just the .kobo folder. This may only be worthwhile if you have quite a few sideloaded books, fonts, etc. that are stored outside the .kobo directory but it is unlikely to hurt anything.

If you are using NickelMenu or other utilities that have installers, I would recommend installing them prior to copying the backed up files over.
Yes, I have got the entire exposed partition and I am on the same firmware. I will install utilities as you say. I want to keep the statistics and ratings because I have a lot of books already read and classified
Well, what can go wrong?
Thanks

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 10-18-2023 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2023, 02:58 AM   #4
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
I want to keep the statistics and ratings because I have a lot of books already read and classified
This information is stored in the Kobo's database.

Here you can find a little tutorial on how to transfer information from your old Kobo's database into the one of your new device:

-> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336182
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 05:26 AM   #5
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Thanks Kyôdai. I will try it