Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-24-2020, 02:34 AM   #61
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'll do that sometime in the next few days.
It'll be a bit longer since I'm quite busy right now and this feature will need some reorganization of the code so I can override the one set default.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:41 AM   #62
freshkilz
freshkilz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Quote:
It'll be a bit longer since I'm quite busy right now and this feature will need some reorganization of the code so I can override the one set default.
Thanks, looking forward it it.
freshkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #63
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Right now my "subtitle" on the Kobo Clara is the page count. It comes from my calibre #pg_ct column as populated by the Count Pages plugin. If I change the lookup name of the column to #subtitle, will that work? It is an Integer column, and I am not sure if a Text column is required (which won't work for the Count Pages plugin).
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #64
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Right now my "subtitle" on the Kobo Clara is the page count. It comes from my calibre #pg_ct column as populated by the Count Pages plugin. If I change the lookup name of the column to #subtitle, will that work? It is an Integer column, and I am not sure if a Text column is required (which won't work for the Count Pages plugin).
I added a hidden Text column (#subtitle) to calibre that pulls the number from my Page Count column. So this mod now works for me with the page count as the subtitle.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:41 AM   #65
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I have a custom column '#subtitle' which is 'built from other columns' with '{title:list_item(1,: )}' as a template.
Now changed to '{title:sublist(1,-1,: )}' to allow colons in the subtitle.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2021, 01:41 AM   #66
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is NickelSeries supposed to have an entry under NickelMenu after it's installed? I've installed it but there's no entry for it.
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:40 AM   #67
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
Is NickelSeries supposed to have an entry under NickelMenu after it's installed? I've installed it but there's no entry for it.
No, it's all automatic.

Basically, it will get the book series info from each book during the content import process.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:41 AM   #68
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
No, it's all automatic.

Basically, it will get the book series info from each book during the content import process.
Cool, I did note that it was working, just wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a settings page or whatever. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #69
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Maybe I should add a welcome message on the first boot.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:21 PM   #70
Minotaur
Enthusiast

Quote:
Maybe I should add a welcome message on the first boot.
It probably wouldn't hurt, although putting something in the first post of this thread saying there's no configurable options (and no NickelMenu entry) would suffice as well I reckon.
Main reason I wasn't sure was that I had only installed NickelMenu for the first time immediately before installing this, so of course, there was no menu entry for anything.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #71
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Since this thread came to the top again it reminded me to say thanks!
It’s just been working silently and without error for so long now, I’ve almost forgotten it’s there (and the old unplug, replug procedure)
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:53 AM   #72
Minotaur
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Since this thread came to the top again it reminded me to say thanks!
It’s just been working silently and without error for so long now, I’ve almost forgotten it’s there (and the old unplug, replug procedure)
Hahaha yep I'd literally bought an inline USB on/off switch so I wouldn't have to unplug/replug.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:48 AM   #73
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
@geek1011

If the file name contains an exclamation mark (for example, Guards! Guards!.epub) NiсkelSeries does not process subtitle and series. If it is not difficult, correct it.

Last edited by Semwize; 05-06-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:02 AM   #74
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
Hoping for a little help, if possible.

I am trying to make a column built from other columns to use the Count Pages column. I would like 'Pages:' before the count to show and right now I only get the count numbers.

I do pretty well with the tech stuff, but I'm dyslexic and my syntax sux. If I see an example, I can usually modify it to do what I want. I've been trying to read the calibre template pages and it's been difficult. I can only be grateful that calibre is so forgiving, because I probably have some really whacked out code in my setup.

Also, if the metadata/subtitle in the KoboTouch driver is set to {#pages:|Pages: |}, which one takes precedence?

Thanks for such a great feature!!
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #75
Phil_C
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by criscros View Post
Hoping for a little help, if possible.

I am trying to make a column built from other columns to use the Count Pages column. I would like 'Pages:' before the count to show and right now I only get the count numbers.

I do pretty well with the tech stuff, but I'm dyslexic and my syntax sux. If I see an example, I can usually modify it to do what I want. I've been trying to read the calibre template pages and it's been difficult. I can only be grateful that calibre is so forgiving, because I probably have some really whacked out code in my setup.

Also, if the metadata/subtitle in the KoboTouch driver is set to {#pages:|Pages: |}, which one takes precedence?

Thanks for such a great feature!!
It sounds like you are trying to do what I did here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=64

You need a Text column to pull the number from the page Count column and add the text "Pages".

I used the same template in the driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subtitle_Column.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	187002  

Tags
kobo, ldpreload, nickel, series, seriesmeta