Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
Crusher
Crusher began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Screensaver to book cover for Kindle WP63GW?

Hello,

I tried searching before posting here but alas for all I have tried I was not able to find the "codename" for my Kindle WP63GW (Wi-fi) in order to search for the appropriate soft/steps.

From what I have read on the Kindle Wiki the Kindle WP63GW model is actual a K7? I hope I got that right. But searching throughout the the MR forum I was not able to find any appropriate documentation for my model.

Would some be so kind and provide me with a link for it or maybe tell me what should I actually be looking for?

Thank you in advance.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Hello,

I tried searching before posting here but alas for all I have tried I was not able to find the "codename" for my Kindle WP63GW (Wi-fi) in order to search for the appropriate soft/steps.

From what I have read on the Kindle Wiki the Kindle WP63GW model is actual a K7? I hope I got that right. But searching throughout the the MR forum I was not able to find any appropriate documentation for my model.

Would some be so kind and provide me with a link for it or maybe tell me what should I actually be looking for?

Thank you in advance.
1) Look up your device's serial number on the "Device Info" panel of settings (or at your account's "Manage Devices" web page tab).
2) Note the first six (6) characters of the serial number.
3) Look that serial number prefix up in this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 07:34 PM   #3
Crusher

Serial Number 90C6 xxxx xxxx xxxx
B0C6, 90C6 Kindle Basic (2014) KT2, BASIC
Firmwire: Kindle 5.8.8 (3144280022)

Could someone please confirm that the below thread is the latest one and the one that I need to use?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kin...26_4.x_Kindles

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=195474

Thank you.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:32 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Crusher: Given your queries, I'm going to assume your device is NOT jailbroken.

Which is too bad, because your firmware is one tiny minor version too recent for you to actually be able to jailbreak it, which renders the whole screensavers situation moot.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:37 AM   #5
Crusher

I see ...

Thank you nonetheless.

Can't I change the Firmware of my Kindle?

Last edited by Crusher; 11-30-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Advert
Old 11-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #6
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
I see ...

Thank you nonetheless.

Can't I change the Firmware of my Kindle?
Yes, if you are capable of a serial port jailbreak. This does involve opening the case and working with delicate connections that are easy to destroy and particular about the equipment used to communicate with them.

If you believe you are up to it see the thread on serial port jailbreak.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #7
Crusher

I guess the default screensavers will have to be enough for the time being ... until maybe I'll upgrade to a Paperwhite model.