Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Chicago Public Library Figured Out How to Prevent Hacking! (Misleading)

This is a very misleading title - sorry

But it suddenly occurs to me, as I spend more and more time organzing my books (Collections have given me hours and hours of fun) that I have a lot of books I have not read, that I really want to read. The CPL came out with their June selections (6 pages worth), and it contained most of the books I have been pressed up against the window of the bookstore staring at (sorry about the nose grease). Between the six books I checked out and the six books I have on hold, I will be a busy girl this month. Got to get going on the reading! What good does it do to snag "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" if I don't read it for several years? I still haven't read Cyber Wars.

This is the answer to piracy. Make ebooks available at a fair price (property taxes) and people won't pirate.

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 06-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
This is a very misleading title - sorry
It is. I was curious what a Pubic Library is.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Public means maintained for or used by the people or community.

Anyone may go in and read books in our libraries. If you can prove you live in the area that the library is located, you can even take a book, movie, or audio book to be used by you for a couple of weeks. Sometimes there are other things that are in libraries to be shared with the people.

Taxes on our land help pay for and maintain the libraries for all to use for free.

I hope this is what you meant.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
RiddleMeThis
RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RiddleMeThis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 with Wifi and 3g
I think Krystian knows what a pubLic library is, just not what a PUBIC (minus the L) library is.
RiddleMeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How embarrassing!
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i fixed the title for you.

(i remember a teacher made a similar mistake once while writing on the blackboard. you can imagine the reaction of a bunch of high-school students... )

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-13-2010 at 12:15 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks! I could imagine my 12-year old laughing (although she is mostly into scatalogical humor right now.)
Old 06-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis View Post
I think Krystian knows what a pubLic library is, just not what a PUBIC (minus the L) library is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
lol yeah, that was I was thinking...
Well, geesh! See what happens when you don't enlarge the text? Your brain just assumes (and I do know the joke for "assume")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
How embarrassing!
That's what I'm suppose to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i fixed the title for you.
Thanks, zelda. **I think I should keep enlarging the text for a while longer. **
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
Without being too specific, I'll just say they probably have a "No Minors" sign, just like all the bars and taverns.
Also, any "churchy" friends you might have would be mortified if they thought you saw them near the place.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote