Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
SD Card in BeBook Not Read by Calibre

I have a 2 GB SD card in my BeBook, to which I can directly copy books from my PC and readily read the titles on my BeBook. However, when I try to utilize Calibre to format my titles then copy them to the SD memory card, it cannot recognize the card. (I have no trouble transferring Calibre converted titles to the BeBook's main memory.) I have formatted the SD to Fat 16, and as I said, it works fine except for not being recognized by Calibre. Anyone have an explanation (and solution) to this problem?
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
First did the ds card show up after you plug in the unit? After plug in you should see "main memory" and "SD card" on top of the UI. Also look like Calibre will can only support one memory card.

What I usually do is to use the save to disk fuction to move book directly to the memory card.
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siulayhumga View Post
...What I usually do is to use the save to disk function to move book directly to the memory card.
I had previously thought of this as another possible way to solve my problem, and am gratified that you confirm my thinking that it would provide a workable solution if Calibre ultimately can't accomplish such transfers itself. Many thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The SD card should be recognized. Post the output of this after running it in a terminal (command) window:

Code:
calibre-debug -d
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The SD card should be recognized. Post the output of this after running it in a terminal (command) window:

Code:
calibre-debug -d
This would be a simple matter for me if I were running Linux (of which I have some minor programming experience), but I don't know how to get a terminal window and execute this command with Windows, which is what I'm running.
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
This would be a simple matter for me if I were running Linux (of which I have some minor programming experience), but I don't know how to get a terminal window and execute this command with Windows, which is what I'm running.
Start -> run -> cmd

You might need to specify the full path to calibre-debug, something like C:\Program Files...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
ascherjim
Addict

[QUOTE=user_none;492998]Start -> run -> cmd

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim>calibre-debug -d
USB devices on system: [u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4374&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hu
b&vid1002&pid4375&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hub20&vid1002&pid4373&rev0000', u'usb\\v
id_0409&pid_005a&rev_0100', u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00e1&rev_0007', u'usb\\vid_046d&
pid_c527&rev_3810', u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c527&rev_3810&mi_00', u'usb\\vid_046d&pi
d_c527&rev_3810&mi_01']
Drives detected:
(ID, Partitions, Drive letter)
('IDE\\DISKHTS721010G9AT00________________________ _MCZOA51A\\5&128C829E&
0&0.0.0', 0, u'C:\\')
Looking for PRS500
Looking for PRS505
Looking for PRS700
Looking for CYBOOKG3
Looking for KINDLE
Looking for KINDLE2
Looking for BEBOOK
Looking for BEBOOKMINI
Looking for BLACKBERRY
Looking for EB600
Looking for JETBOOK

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim>
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Start -> run -> cmd
User_None: In sending you the output, I don't have my BeBook attached to my PC. Should I have, and then give you the new output? Jim
Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
User_None: In sending you the output, I don't have my BeBook attached to my PC. Should I have, and then give you the new output? Jim
User_None: Here is my new output with the BeBook attached: (Sorry for my earlier oversight):

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim>calibre-debug -d
USB devices on system: [u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4374&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hu
b&vid1002&pid4375&rev0000', u'usb\\root_hub20&vid1002&pid4373&rev0000', u'usb\\v
id_0409&pid_005a&rev_0100', u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00e1&rev_0007', u'usb\\vid_046d&
pid_c527&rev_3810', u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c527&rev_3810&mi_00', u'usb\\vid_046d&pi
d_c527&rev_3810&mi_01', u'usb\\vid_0525&pid_6803&rev_0312']
Drives detected:
(ID, Partitions, Drive letter)
('IDE\\DISKHTS721010G9AT00________________________ _MCZOA51A\\5&128C829E&
0&0.0.0', 0, u'C:\\')
('USBSTOR\\DISK&VEN_LINUX&PROD_FILE-STOR_GADGET&REV_0312\\00D9175EEC96&0
', 1, u'E:\\')
('USBSTOR\\DISK&VEN_LINUX&PROD_FILE-STOR_GADGET&REV_0312\\00D9175EEC96&1
', 2, u'F:\\')
Looking for PRS500
Looking for PRS505
Looking for PRS700
Looking for CYBOOKG3
Looking for KINDLE
Looking for KINDLE2
Looking for BEBOOK
Device Connected: <class 'calibre.devices.bebook.driver.BEBOOK'>
Trying to open device...
Main memory: u'F:\\'
Total space: (471605248, 0, 0)

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim>
Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
user_none

I've pushed up a possible fix. It should be appearing in the next 0.6 beta. If you're not testing the beta then let me know if it works when 0.6 is released.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
I've pushed up a possible fix. It should be appearing in the next 0.6 beta. If you're not testing the beta then let me know if it works when 0.6 is released.
Will do. Many thanks.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Will do. Many thanks.
user_none: I've loaded the latest beta and it now indeed seems to recognize my BeBook memory card -- except that it seems to have the main memory and the card reversed. Calibre now shows at the top of the screen the main memory having 1.9 GB free space (which is the size of my memory card) and 390 MB of free space on my memory card, which is actually the amount of memory remaining in my main memory. This should be an easy fix for you -- right? Many thanks, though, for dealing with this problem, although I will stick to using version 5 until I'm satisfied that the titles I direct to go into either of my two memory spaces really go to the ones I designate. (Also, I find the beta versions much more difficult to comprehend and use than version 5. In time, I hope to sort it all out and use it to maximum advantage.)
Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The drive detection order will be fixed in beta 8. The BeBook has a strange firmware bug that causes it to report the storage card ahead of the main memory to the OS
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #14
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The drive detection order will be fixed in beta 8. The BeBook has a strange firmware bug that causes it to report the storage card ahead of the main memory to the OS
Many thanks. I'll watch for it.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Beta 8 works fine. Reads the memories in the proper order. Many thanks. Now I just have to practice using the enhanced GUI.