Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't start Calibre in Windows

Here's the calibre-debug results:

C:\PROGRA~1\calibre>calibre-debug -c "from calibre.gui2.main import main; main()
"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "debug.py", line 10, in <module>
File "calibre\__init__.pyo", line 10, in <module>
File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyo", line 12, in <module>
File "PyQt4\QtCore.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Invalid access to memory location.

C:\PROGRA~1\calibre>
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
trilla
trilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Simple Touch GL, Nook Tablet
I have same trouble, but I don't know how to read debug messages. I just download calibre-0.4.117.exe (I have Windows XP SP2), install it. On first launch program asks me about new format and offer to select folder for library. When I select folder - nothing happens. Calibre just didn't launch.
Every next launch - all above repeated: program asks me to choose folder and can't launch.
trilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Here's the calibre-debug results:

C:\PROGRA~1\calibre>calibre-debug -c "from calibre.gui2.main import main; main()
"

C:\PROGRA~1\calibre>
I'm guessing you have some form of virus/malware protection that is preventing the DLL from being loaded.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the thing, though. As far as I know, I don't. No firewalls, no anti-virus. I'm behind a router and I don't visit unsafe sites, so I don't have them installed.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What version of windows are you on?
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

XP Professional 2002 SP 3.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Do you have an installation of python on your machine?
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do you have an installation of python on your machine?
Yes, v2.5
Old 12-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try renaming c:\python25 and see if that helps (you can rename it back later)
Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Nope. Calibre still doesn't start, debug still gives me

Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm out of ideas I'm afraid. You can always use the command line tools (most of them dont need the Qt DLLs)
Old 12-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #12
madeinsoviets
madeinsoviets began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
I have the similar problem - i tryed to do as it is described in FAQ, so, nothing helps, here the output:
OS WinXP SP3 RUS

Last edited by madeinsoviets; 12-23-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: I forgot that my OS is updating now)
madeinsoviets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@madeinsoviets: Looks like a problem with one of the translations. What language are you using?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

This is very frustrating. :/
Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #15
madeinsoviets
madeinsoviets began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@madeinsoviets: Looks like a problem with one of the translations. What language are you using?
using where? in windows - russian, in colibre - noone because i can't start it)
madeinsoviets is offline   Reply With Quote