Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MobileRead goes Mobile (beta)

It's been a long time coming, but we're pretty excited to finally announce the beta launch of our mobile site. Note this is really still a beta project; not everything is functional yet (e.g. you cannot browse e-books, image down-sizing still disabled), and we're sure there are still some nasty bugs hidden somewhere. This is why we need you! Please report all bugs and suggestions you may have back to us and we try our best to solve all outstanding issues.

You can access our mobile site through any of the following URLs:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/
http://m.mobileread.com/
https://www.mobileread.com/mobile/

A final word to all iPhone users - we may implement an iPhone-specific mobile edition in the future. But for now, please accept our first mobile site as a new testing ground for your shiny toy.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Much better.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Congrats! Personally I can't justify the cost of a data subscription but it's indeed a shiny new toy :-)
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Yay! Just in time for my family vacation.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
It works really well for of on my nokia e65, nice and simple, good work
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Reply from my blackberry 8820, on which it looks totally sweet. I'll go through all the nooks and crannies when I don't have to pretend to do some work
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Posting from my phone now. Great Job Alex!
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
jnash
jnash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700, HTC Here, and iPod Touch
The mobile site looks quite nice on the Sprint Instinct. If "fruit munchers" get their own special version then I think Instinct users should get one too! Right?!
jnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hint: If you click on » next to an updated thread (threads that contains updated posts are displayed in bold), you'll get right to the first unread post.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnash View Post
The mobile site looks quite nice on the Sprint Instinct. If "fruit munchers" get their own special version then I think Instinct users should get one too! Right?!
A lovely cell phone! Well, I suppose the Instinct doesn't have it's own special xhtml markup like the iPhone?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Looks great and easy to use. Posting from my i730 Samsung phone.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #12
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
Excellent stuff. It works really well from my Nokia E71.
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #13
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
It looks and works great on the Mogul. I do have one suggestion. For example when entering the Forum section I would prefer to see a drop down list for each major heading. This will prevent a lot of scrolling down the screen movement. Not sure if this technique works on real small screens. Something to consider and maybe you already tried out the idea during development.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
looks great on my treo 750.. have already put it in my mobile favorites list

Elihu
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #15
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Thank you.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote