Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
Hemiko
Hemiko began at the beginning.

Device: Dasung monitor
Dasung monitor 13.3" and windows 8 / 10

Hello.

I want to know other people experience with this dasung 13.3" monitor and windows 8 / 10. I have one it, i don't know how about windows 7 or Mac OS, but with windows 8 and 10 also i have many problems to get it working more than 10 - 20 minutes. It start hanging up after more black spot on screen and not usable after it at all. Also if i am pressing some of these three buttons it also start hanging up and frozen. Only after some while offline it works again as before for some time.

I tried 1.2.6 and 1.2.5 libusb versions.

Only working mode is 800x600.

What about yours experience with this monitor and windows 8 / 10 ?
Hemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
grrgrr
grrgrr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello!
I use the Dasung with Windows 10 for 1 week
I have freezing problems too...
Suddenly the image freezes, then it takes the driver approx 30 Seconds to reconnect again, and than its working until the next freezing.

It happend often with 1600x1200 DUP mode (but besides that problem this mode was great!)
Now i try the new 1024x786 setting that come with the new driver from the homepage... with that i also had freezings but not so often so far.

I tested it with different grapic cards, different usb ports and os settings, even with two different computers and win7 and win10, there was nothing i could do.
But so far i didn't go to 800x600, that is too big.

So i hope its a driver problem and that it will improve....
Best wishes
grrgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #3
Hemiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrgrr View Post
Hello!
I use the Dasung with Windows 10 for 1 week
I have freezing problems too...
Suddenly the image freezes, then it takes the driver approx 30 Seconds to reconnect again, and than its working until the next freezing.

It happend often with 1600x1200 DUP mode (but besides that problem this mode was great!)
Now i try the new 1024x786 setting that come with the new driver from the homepage... with that i also had freezings but not so often so far.

I tested it with different grapic cards, different usb ports and os settings, even with two different computers and win7 and win10, there was nothing i could do.
But so far i didn't go to 800x600, that is too big.

So i hope its a driver problem and that it will improve....
Best wishes
Thanks for answer. I am happy to find other this monitor`s users. How long you can use this monitor and can you surf the web with it or only in text application ?

Is this monitor working more accurate with windows 7 ?

How is moving your mouse cursor trought this monitor? Because mine mouse`s cursor do not move so fast as they on presentation videos. But i am set 100% font size. I tried check and uncheck font smooth, but i do not affect anything. Bigger resolution make more lagging refresh screen.

Do you have also this hang up when you have more black spots in screen somewhere? Example, picture, black ground or etc.

Did you contacted dasung tech`s for these problems?
Old 04-20-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
grrgrr

ok, i have really improved my situation: almost no freezings anymore, even in 1600x1200 (i had only one in a long enough time)

it seems the dasung monitor needs his own usb

on my Mainboard i have on the backside 4 USB Ports, and 4 USB3 Ports.

Now i connected Mouse and Keyboard to USB3 (its different controller)
and the only device on the USB2.0 Controller is now the Dasung Monitor.

Its great now! Maybe i buy a PCIe Extension Card with another USB Controller, that would be interesting to try, but for now its working good enough!

(System: Windwos 10, Desktop PC, Geforce GT 720 Graphic Card)
Best wishes
Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #5
kerellag
kerellag began at the beginning.

Also issues with freezing

Hello,

I've also been using the Dasung for a while now with a Windows 10 PC and have had persistent issues with it freezing. At first I couldn't use it for more than 2-3 minutes without it freezing, which made it almost unusable. I then noticed that if I left the main monitor on (up until then I was always switching it off) the freezing became much less frequent.

Now, the freezing occurs maybe every 15-20 minutes, which still isn't great. I contacted Dasung and they said it really shouldn't happen more than once when used for a whole day. They told me update my motherboard drivers, which I did, but it hasn't made a difference.

I love the monitor when it works, I'm very light sensitive and can't use normal screens for long periods of time, so this is a life saver for me. I just hope they can fix this with a driver update or something.
kerellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2016, 02:54 AM   #6
grrgrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerellag View Post
Hello,
I love the monitor when it works, I'm very light sensitive and can't use normal screens for long periods of time, so this is a life saver for me.
me too!!! i think of it as my personal wheelchair but love it

the freezings are worst in Microsoft Word: in highest resolution every minute! there i have to reduce the resolution...
I orderd a PCIe USB-Controller Card, maybe there are interuptions with the mainboard onboard USB, because it also has to share with other devices. I will tell you!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
kerellag

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrgrr View Post
me too!!! i think of it as my personal wheelchair but love it

the freezings are worst in Microsoft Word: in highest resolution every minute! there i have to reduce the resolution...
I orderd a PCIe USB-Controller Card, maybe there are interuptions with the mainboard onboard USB, because it also has to share with other devices. I will tell you!
I was interested in what you said about the USB ports, and decided to try plugging it into another port to see if it would make a difference. The Dasung was already the only device plugged into a set of 4 ports (not sure whether they're 2.0 or 3.0, but they are colour coded red) so I didn't think it would make a difference. I plugged it into a set of 2 black colour-coded ports above it though, and since then it's been performing so much better. It has frozen 2-3 times over a 2-3 hour period of use, but even when it freezes the monitor doesn't switch off completely like it used to, i.e. the green light stays on and I can reset by pressing C + 16, whereas before I had to unplug the USB cable. I not 100% that it was the USB port change that did it though, as I mentioned in my previous post I also just updated all my motherboard drivers and maybe this had a belated effect... either way, if it keeps working this well I won't bother sending it back to try a replacement as it doesn't really interfere that much (maybe even a nice reminder to take a break every now and again ).

I hadn't noticed any issues with Word in particular, but I always have my resolution at 800x600 and I'm happy with it. I tried the higher resolution yesterday, but for some reason it only works in A2 mode, not A5. Please do let me know how you get on though, I would be so happy if I can get the freezing down to like once or twice a day!
Old 05-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
grrgrr

allright, it didnt work...
i tried to opearte the Monitor with new PCIe USB Controller Card ... but still freezings!
So its not the fault of my Mainboard or anything else, should be the monitor driver!

now i am using 1024x768 and maybe a freezing every hour (depending on what i am doing, Chrome is good, Word is bad
Best wishes
Old 05-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
Hemiko

newest test results.

I am tested and got best result what i can get.

Best what i got was 1024x 768 and do not check in settings "smart(triggered hen switched window" and do not touch anything in that paperlike software if all is working half fine because it can call new freezings and restartings. Sometimes it was working 2 hours fine sometimes 10 minutes then many restartings when got more Black spots agan or when minimize/maximize any software window. It doesn't like any faster screen changes or more Black spots, and also it will hang up if i am moving monitor to other desk`s place - sensitable to moves.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I don't know if this helps, but I am testing the second-gen Paperlike on Windows 7.

My computer froze the first time I tried to use it, but now it seems to be working okay.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #11
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Is it possible to purchase this monitor, or is it in some kind of Beta distribution? I haven't been able to find it in outlets I usually buy from.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
There's one retailer who carries it, yes.
http://www.solcomputer.com/sol-cvs-e-ink-monitor.html
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #13
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Thank you for that link Nate.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #14
Hemiko

freezing

Now I want to refund this monitor back to them but they want to I pay for custom fee 50- 70 usd for them, and do not pay me for shipping it back. Dissapointed.

I know one who sent it back but do not get refund Money.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #15
kerellag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiko View Post
Now I want to refund this monitor back to them but they want to I pay for custom fee 50- 70 usd for them, and do not pay me for shipping it back. Dissapointed.

I know one who sent it back but do not get refund Money.
That is disappointing. My experience with them has been ok so far. I was going to send it back at one point for a replacement and they offered to cover the shipping costs (not sure if that would have included customs fee or not). Decided not to in the end because the problem seemed to have resolved itself, but it's returned now and I've been thinking about returning it again.

You should write about your experience in as many places as possible as you seem to be doing and advise your friend to do so too. It's an expensive device and if it does't work you should be entitled to a refund.