Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #61
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My experience is that deregistering and reregistering K4PC changes the encryption key (ie it's treated as a new "device" in your list of Kindle devices), so that none of the books you downloaded previously can be read without re-downloading them.
Switching to a new account, yes, but switching back to the previous account appears to switch back to the old encryption key.
I've just re-registered back to my UK address, and the previously downloaded files open fine in Kindle for PC without needing to be downloaded again.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Many of them are still higher priced in Oz.
I looked the other day and think about two thirds are $4.99, most of the rest are $7.99 and there are a few at higher prices. I can't see a pattern for the prices except that they know which books I want and have kept them at the higher prices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #63
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
This will sound VERY stupid, but where do you find "Advanced Search" in Amazon?

I can't see anything except the normal one, which brings up a whole load of books with "Gateway" in the title. Surprisingly many of them, too.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #64
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
If you go to Books, rather than Kindle, there should be an Advanced Search option in the bar at the top.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #65
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Found it, thanks ......
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #66
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
If you go to Books, rather than Kindle, there should be an Advanced Search option in the bar at the top.
Yes, that's the way you have to do it. Just chose Kindle Edition in the format pop-up.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Searc...node=241582011

It is ridiculous that the Kindle section doesn't have it's own advanced search pages.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #67
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
That's what I discovered. Is there no "ukunlocked" type of service? Amazon blocked me unless cookies were enabled also.

Anyway, Kobo was ridiculously easy to navigate for UK access and purchase. I'll probably just use them.
I would be interested in knowing how to use a VPN and also get rid of the cookie problem too. Is there an easy [and free] way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, but should warn you, I'm not that tech-savvy, so the easier the better.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #68
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Tunnelbear has a free version.
http://www.tunnelbear.com/
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #69
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried Tunnelbear, I think it's as FBone said, that it doesn't seem to work with Amazon.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #70
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I just tried Tunnelbear, I think it's as FBone said, that it doesn't seem to work with Amazon.
I couldn't get it to work either. Too many obstacles.

However, Kobo was easy. Clear cookies and cache. Create new Kobo account with a UK address. I obtained one from a random generator. Pay using Paypal.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #71
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works for me with Amazon.uk and was an easy setup.
Apache
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #72
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
I couldn't get it to work either. Too many obstacles.

However, Kobo was easy. Clear cookies and cache. Create new Kobo account with a UK address. I obtained one from a random generator. Pay using Paypal.
Thanks also to Apache for replying!
Fbone, try changing address/country settings in Amazon and making sure Tunnelbear is fully connected beforehand. That seems to have done the trick. *knocks on wood*
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #73
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Thanks also to Apache for replying!
Fbone, try changing address/country settings in Amazon and making sure Tunnelbear is fully connected beforehand. That seems to have done the trick. *knocks on wood*
Yes, I tried that, thanks, but got "404" errors on Amazon.co.uk because I block cookies and all trackers. Then it wouldn't accept my US-based credit card. Plus, as I don't own a Kindle, I need to create either a separate admin account on my PC to install 2 Kindle for PCs (with 2 Calibres + tools) or deregister and reregister one Kindle for PC each time I want to purchase or download.

It reached the take-your-ball-and-go-home point.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #74
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, I tried that, thanks, but got "404" errors on Amazon.co.uk because I block cookies and all trackers. Then it wouldn't accept my US-based credit card. Plus, as I don't own a Kindle, I need to create either a separate admin account on my PC to install 2 Kindle for PCs (with 2 Calibres + tools) or deregister and reregister one Kindle for PC each time I want to purchase or download.

It reached the take-your-ball-and-go-home point.
That would make my head spin! I'm using it to take advantage of the freebies more than anything so maybe that's why I had luck as well [no credit card hassle]. Plus I had d/l'd and backed up all my previous freebies, deauthorized my Kindle for PC and reauthorized it for the new 'US' email. It's a lot of work for sure!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #75
Apache
Readaholic

I use my US American Express Card without any problems on Amazon.uk.
Apache