Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-26-2022, 01:40 PM   #1
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Need help fixing recurring TOC errors for books into Kindle Preview

I've been working on my MOBIs converting them to EPUB in light of Amazon's decisions to allow them via email for now.

The most common issue I'm hitting is unresolved hyperlinks in TOCs and I don't know how to fix them.

I bring the converted EPUB into the Kinde Preview tool to confirm it's good to go to Amazon and this is the error that it produces:

E24010: Hyperlink not resolved in toc (One possible reason can be that the link points to a tag with style display:none):C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\bcc825 02-3bda-41b0-83d9-9a17f8e3fb5e\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E6_5_1A_A_1A_1E_2FB_ 199C_3FF0_1\text\part0000.html#0-25f0ccbd9df445af88f11d0c6b37d593

As a non-XML/HTML guru can someone suggest a way to resolve these types of errors? Is the problem in the toc.ncx or the html text itself? I don't know, laugh. Thanks!
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:10 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John IV View Post
As a non-XML/HTML guru can someone suggest a way to resolve these types of errors? Is the problem in the toc.ncx or the html text itself? I don't know, laugh. Thanks!
This is a known KindleGen feature/bug. Search your stylesheet(s) for styles that contain display: none;. For example:

Code:
.hidden {
  display: none;
}
or

Code:
h1.hidden {
  display: none;
}
Then search all HTML files for elements that use this style. For example:

Code:
<h1 id="id1" class="hidden">heading 1</h1>
and change that element to:

Code:
<h1 id="id1" title="heading 1"></h1>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:50 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It can also be caused by a broken link in the table of contents. The Check Book feature of the calibre e-book editor can detect those.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:10 PM   #4
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thanks a lot guys! I'm having success w/ the F7 in Calibre book editor to get more granular info on what's going wrong. I haven't actually come across an instance of Doitsu's example, so far they're all pretty much broken links and Calibre's checker can automatically fix the vast majority of them. Cheers -
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle preview, toc error