Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Roffee
Roffee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Sone Reader Library messed up

I just upgraded my Sone Reader Library, and after that the window is messed up. The left pane, with "links" to bookstore, books, reader etc. is gone, and also some other wird stuff like listings etc is messed up. However, on another account on the same laptop, all looks fine (with newest version). This makes me belive that there's some local settings for my account (on laptop) that is corrupted. I can't find where the software stores this information on the various users - any one who knows?

-Roffee
Roffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
Roffee
Roffee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
no one? :-)
Roffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Go to the Sony website and look under the troubleshooting section. There they discuss how to fix the software.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...rue&mdl=PRS900
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I found the perfect way to solve all problems with duff Sony library software eighteen months ago, Roffee. Don't use it. Download the free Calibre library software and use that. It's streets ahead of anything else. Good to have your new company, by the way. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Yes, it is pretty bad! Even their website is pretty bad from a functional viewpoint.
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I had problems with the Sony connect on both of my computers yesterday when I tried to connect to the store. Had to reboot the computers to get it going again. I wonder if some of the problems are related to the ADE. I need the software because I want to sync my notes and highlights for backup (they don't show up on the ADE software when I sync with it). Sony is way behind Kindle on that front, but I refuse to buy another Kindle until I can read library books on one.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote