Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Calibre and Nook Glowlight 3

This is the debug report from Calibre for the new Nook Glowlight 3. As of now, Calibre does not "see" this device. I can, however, export calibre books to a folder on the Glowlight.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Nook Glowlight 3.txt (198.5 KB, 471 views)
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1731024
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
Old 11-10-2017, 05:09 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard

@Kovid: Thanks for calibre 3.12! The new Glowlight 3 driver works just fine! That was quick. (Might be time for my next donation!)

Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome
Advert
Old 11-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
Isurvey
Isurvey began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thank you for this fix. Reading thru the notes, the Glowlight 3 does use a folder called "My Files".
Otherwise loading with Calibre places the books with all the others. I then create the My Files folder and move the files. Reversing the procedure to remove the books on the device.
If you could update the old driver that worked great!
Isurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

According to the original report putting books in My Files does not work.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #8
Isurvey
Isurvey began at the beginning.

Device: nook
My Files was not a folder that is in the factory installed directory. However reading the manual directs you to sideload into a folder called My Files. I created it and It works great on my Glowlight 3. Page 38 of 96 in the Nook Glowlight 3 Manual, Item 5.

Thank you again for the great program and work you do!
Isurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:03 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm, can somebody else confirm this? I dont want to make the change if it might break things.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm, can somebody else confirm this? I dont want to make the change if it might break things.
Sorry, I just saw this post!

Yes, I can confirm this. There is no folder on the Nook called "My Files". That needs to be created manually. As things stand now, Calibre places all its books in the Nook folder. As such, they show up in the My Library section of the Nook launcher under "Books", with all the Nook-downloaded books. What the last poster would like, it seems, is to have the Calibre-sideloaded books NOT show up under "Books" on the Glowlight 3, but under "My Files". Creating a "My Files" folder on the Glowlight 3 will achieve this.

As an experiment, I renamed the "Nook" folder as "My Files" on my Glowlight 3. It took a couple of minutes after I rebooted my device, but all the Calibre-sideloaded books appear in "My Files" in the Nook Library. So, "My Files" will work.

It makes no difference to me if Calibre books appear under "Books" or "My Files". If you make a change, just let us know where to find them! I can test it out if you'd like.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I've uploaded a beta that should send book to My Files here: https://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
Old 12-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #12
downeaster59
Wizard

Unfortunately, my Calibre is set up on a Mac - so that beta won't work for me. Maybe someone else can try?
Old 12-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have added a beta OS X build
Old 12-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have added a beta OS X build
Thanks. I'll try it soon and let you know.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #15
downeaster59
Wizard

Okay. This beta works in that books are transferred to a "My Files" folder on the device. However, the device can't "see" the books until it - or I - make the "My Files" folder a subfolder of the "NOOK" folder! Once I moved "My Files" and made it a subfolder of the NOOK folder, then the books show up in the "My Files" section of My Library.

What needs to happen, it seems, is for Calibre to move books to the "NOOK/My Files" folder for this to work properly.