Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Lightbulb Browse your Android device from your Linux PC

You install either GSConnect (Gnome Shell) or KDE-connect (KDE) on your Linux PC/Laptop.

You install KDE-connect on your android phone/tablet/e-reader. (Google Play)

You also need to install SSHFS on your Linux PC/Laptop to browse the filesystem.

After that you can "pair" your Linux PC/Laptop with your Android device and "mount" your device storage and start browsing in your file browser.

Great way to copy e-books or other media files to/from your device. You can also see things like battery status, notifications and copy over URL:s. You can even get your phone to start making noise so you can find it...

Works fine with my Bouye Likebook Plus and my Huawei Mediapad 5 as well as on my Android phone.

https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect
https://github.com/andyholmes/gnome-...gsconnect/wiki

Last edited by Adoby; 08-18-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Changed the gs-connect link
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote