Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2023, 08:30 PM   #1276
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Today's Birthday Cake might not help either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
True! Pain-au-chocolate for breakfast this morning.
Mental health is very important and too often overlooked in today's society!

Okay, my turn.

After years of "meaning to" in 2019 I deliberately set about losing weight through diet and exercise. It took a while to turn the ship around, but I'm currently down a bit more than 25 pounds since then. By my count I'd be happy if I lost 30 more and then kept it off. That would get me down to my college weight.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:21 PM   #1277
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
I am on a seafood diet - I see food I eat it,
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 05:37 PM   #1278
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My current diet is no wine, no sandwiches and it's going pretty well.
It did the trick. I hit my Memorial Day weekend goal nine days ago. I won't admit how much I lost! Now I'm doing a mini-diet (with wine, but I'll still eschew the sandwiches) until June 12, hoping to take off a few more pounds before the local pool opens. But then I'm done; summer is short.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:10 AM   #1279
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I hovered around 78kg the rest of that year and this year, but over-indulgence has lead me to 80.1kg this morning.

So - New Year's Resolution! 2023 is the year I finally get back down to 70kg!
It didn't turn out that way. On a positive note, my weight this morning is less than last year - 80.0 kg!

I failed miserably last year. I shall do better this year, I'm sure!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:43 AM   #1280
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
91kg for me, my ideal is around 85kg. I lift, so that adds some healthy weight... but I definitely have to shave off the damage from the delightful mince pies and roast potatoes I consumed.

One low-carb meal per day and loads of walking for a few weeks should do it.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 05:23 AM   #1281
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Started my diet in August. So far have lost a little over 10kg and 12cm off my waist. Aiming to lose another 3 kg.

Achieved by a complete change of diet. Eating out is limited to once, maybe twice a week, otherwise all meals are now homemade from fresh ingredients.
Early morning workouts with jogging 30min on my treadmill followed by another 40min with weights, 6x per week and one rest day.
The big requirement is mentally supressing the appetite and taste buds. It took time to stop the cravings for sweets and fried foods.

For the first time I can ever remember, I am starting to see a six pack on my abs.

I just hope this time around I can keep the weight off. Last time I tried, I lost 8 kg, then within a 7-8 months I had put on 9kg.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 05:57 AM   #1282
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
The big requirement is mentally supressing the appetite and taste buds. It took time to stop the cravings for sweets and fried foods..
Same for me. Strict discipline is essential.

Realising whilst you can ease of a little later on, the diet is "for life" is where most folks fail.

Christmas is a holiday from work and my diet though, then back to both.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 12:00 PM   #1283
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've decided I'm going to get down to brass tacks again in terms of diet for two weeks and then weigh myself. Two weeks should undo the holiday damage. I hope. But in any case, I'll know where I stand.

I'm rather looking forward to eating healthily again; the hard part is going to be getting my appetite back in check.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:47 AM   #1284
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It didn't turn out that way. On a positive note, my weight this morning is less than last year - 80.0 kg!

I failed miserably last year. I shall do better this year, I'm sure!
So far so good, but I did well in the first month last year too. I need to keep going for at least six months.

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-01-2024 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:30 AM   #1285
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

After bouncing around a bit, I'm back down to my pre-holiday weight in mid-November. I'd like to lose a couple more pounds while I'm in the groove; I'm going to try for a dry February, which should help. (I didn't do dry January.)

I noticed yesterday that I weigh six pounds less than the weight on my driver's license!
Old 02-01-2024, 02:43 AM   #1286
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'm back onto Coke Zero after a month away. Delicious.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:48 PM   #1287
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
*knock on wood* I have maintained the same weight (1 or 2 pound fluctuations) now for 2 years
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote