Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Post Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes v1 22 may 2009

So today is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's 150th anniversary. For this special occasion, I have converted HarryT's illustrated version of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes":
Quote:
In this thread I'll upload, as I create them, fully illustrated versions of the Sherlock Holmes stories. Due to the size of illustrated books, I'll split it into the original books, rather than creating an "omnibus" edition, as I've done with the non-illustrated stories.

For the short stories, the illustrations are the original Sidney Paget illustrations, as published in the Strand Magazine for the original publication of the stories. These wonderful illustrations are "iconic" and form everyone's idea of what Sherlock Holmes "should" look like, as well as providing a superb illustration of Victorian life and dress, which is now lost to us.

This project will take me a while to complete, so please be patient!

The books are:

* The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, with 104 illustrations by Sidney Paget (1892)
I will also uploaded the Sherlock Holmes omnibus later on
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Thank you!
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
planet_dwarf
planet_dwarf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thank you. Even though I have the hard copy, but have the ebook which I can carry anywhere and have the convenience to read anytime is really good.
planet_dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Thanks alot! Great conversion! And thanks to HarryT for creating it!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
redbird
redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
What a nice rendition! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I especially appreciate the em dashes instead of double hyphens

(I'm new here, waiting for my nook to arrive)
redbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert