Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2022, 03:39 AM   #706
choc96
choc96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there an option to change the font, line spacing and margins with one setting? Eg. A so-called Night Reading Mode with OpenDyslexic with font size 17, line spacing 0 and margins 4. Day Mode could be font default, font size 26, line spacing 2 and margins 4.
choc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:57 AM   #707
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Fantastic 1 click dark mode!! (aura one)
How do you do this? It takes me 3 clicks while reading (Forma):

1) click bottom center to bring up reading menu
2) click on "..."
3) click on dark mode
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2022, 09:46 AM   #708
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
How do you do this? It takes me 3 clicks while reading (Forma):

1) click bottom center to bring up reading menu
2) click on "..."
3) click on dark mode
While reading a book it now goes straight dark mode without you having to do other steps like open and closing toc or the book.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:10 AM   #709
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
While reading a book it now goes straight dark mode without you having to do other steps like open and closing toc or the book.
Thank you for the c!arification. That is excellent.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:21 PM   #710
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Is this compatible with the previous 4.30 FW?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2022, 02:59 AM   #711
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Is this compatible with the previous 4.30 FW?
NickelMenu is compatible with 4.6+ (October 2017), and it will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:18 AM   #712
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
NickelMenu is compatible with 4.6+ (October 2017), and it will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
Thank you very much
Old 01-28-2022, 10:42 AM   #713
KatieD1990
KatieD1990 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Good morning,

I tried to get nickelmenu onto my Libra 2 last night but it wasn't working no matter how many times I tried. When I download the provided file onto my computer it shows up as a zip file. So I added the entire zip file to the kobo folder on the ereader unplugged and waited for it to update, however when it was finished nickelmenu wasn't on the device. In need of advice, thanks!
KatieD1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:15 AM   #714
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieD1990 View Post
Good morning,

I tried to get nickelmenu onto my Libra 2 last night but it wasn't working no matter how many times I tried. When I download the provided file onto my computer it shows up as a zip file. So I added the entire zip file to the kobo folder on the ereader unplugged and waited for it to update, however when it was finished nickelmenu wasn't on the device. In need of advice, thanks!
You need to extract the KoboRoot.tgz inside the .kobo folder of your Libra 2.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:22 PM   #715
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieD1990 View Post
When I download the provided file onto my computer it shows up as a zip file
I seem to recall having this problem once upon a time, too, with some browser (I forget which one) downloading .tgz files but renaming them (incorrectly) to .zip files. Try just renaming the file back to .tgz and see if that does the trick.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:22 PM   #716
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I'm trying to put a duckduckgo image search button under the selection_search menu.

Like the one in the NickelMenu doc file but for images
Code:
#   menu_item :selection_search :Search DuckDuckGo :nickel_browser :modal:https://duckduckgo.com/?q={1|S|%}
The url for the image search adds "&t=h_&ia=images&iax=images" after the search term, I've tried adding that after the "}" and after inside the {} just after the "%" and neither have worked.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing, is what I'm trying to do feasible?
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:34 PM   #717
Ceiyne
Enthusiast
Ceiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe3444 View Post
I'm trying to put a duckduckgo image search button under the selection_search menu.

Like the one in the NickelMenu doc file but for images
Code:
#   menu_item :selection_search :Search DuckDuckGo :nickel_browser :modal:https://duckduckgo.com/?q={1|S|%}
The url for the image search adds "&t=h_&ia=images&iax=images" after the search term, I've tried adding that after the "}" and after inside the {} just after the "%" and neither have worked.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing, is what I'm trying to do feasible?
It sounds like what you're trying to do should work. I did something similar with a Google Translate search, and it didn't have any problem with the part in brackets being in the middle of the URL, for example:

Code:
menu_item :selection :Google Translate  :nickel_browser :modal:https://translate.google.com/?sl=ja&tl=en&text={1|S|%}&op=translate
Maybe the example above will help you sort it out, but if not, try copy/pasting the entry you're making and I can try to see if I spot anything.
Ceiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:49 AM   #718
johndoe3444
johndoe3444 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
It sounds like what you're trying to do should work. I did something similar with a Google Translate search, and it didn't have any problem with the part in brackets being in the middle of the URL, for example:

Code:
menu_item :selection :Google Translate  :nickel_browser :modal:https://translate.google.com/?sl=ja&tl=en&text={1|S|%}&op=translate
Maybe the example above will help you sort it out, but if not, try copy/pasting the entry you're making and I can try to see if I spot anything.
Sure, thanks, this is what I have now.

Code:
menu_item :selection_search :Buscar Imágenes :nickel_browser :modal:https://duckduckgo.com/?q={1|S|%}&iax=images&ia=images
That returns a text search instead of images, but if I search https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kobo&iax=images&ia=images on the computer I get images.

Maybe it has something to do with the browser user agent that gets a simpler duckduckgo version. I'll try with other search engine.
johndoe3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:42 PM   #719
Ceiyne
Enthusiast
Ceiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe3444 View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the browser user agent that gets a simpler duckduckgo version. I'll try with other search engine.
I have a feeling you might be right. Your command looks fine to me. Can you navigate to a DuckDuckGo image search manually in the browser (either through links or by typing the URL)?
Ceiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:45 PM   #720
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
How to keep wifi connected while using FTP or telnet access?

Hi
Firstly, thanks for this great job.
I've installed Nickelmenu, mainly for FTP and telnet acess but wifi disconnects after several seconds if I'm not browsing for cloud services... So, do you know how to keep connection up while using FTP or telnet?

Thanks
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel