Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank god hugo and lefty are there. even without a box cutter and a set of lock picks they should be able to untangle whatever insane situation Handsome gets everyone into, more or less in spite of themselves (i think it goes without saying that Handsome will in fact get everyone into some insane situation).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #62
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thank god hugo and lefty are there. even without a box cutter and a set of lock picks they should be able to untangle whatever insane situation Handsome gets everyone into, more or less in spite of themselves (i think it goes without saying that Handsome will in fact get everyone into some insane situation).
Perhaps in all of Handsome's situations, insanity is the norm, and thus it's the "normal" that are "insane"? Alternatively, not.

Cheers,
Marc (alternating his alternatives)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Perhaps in all of Handsome's situations, insanity is the norm, and thus it's the "normal" that are "insane"? Alternatively, not.

Cheers,
Marc (alternating his alternatives)
that sounds plausible.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #64
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
that sounds plausible.
It does?

I'm scared.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
It does?

I'm scared.

Cheers,
Marc
that just means you've been paying attention.
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #66
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
that just means you've been paying attention.
Really? Do I have to pay attention? Can't I just buy attention drinks or something. That's how it works with pshrynk.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #67
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Really? Do I have to pay attention? Can't I just buy attention drinks or something. That's how it works with pshrynk.

Cheers,
Marc
sure, if you want to. i do that on days when i'm feeling distracted, myself. the good news, attention is a real lightweight when it comes to zcds, makes for a cheap date.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #68
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
sure, if you want to. i do that on days when i'm feeling distracted, myself. the good news, attention is a real lightweight when it comes to zcds, makes for a cheap date.
I'm all for cheap dates and reasonably priced prunes.

Cheers,
Marc (ZCD's keep you regular too...in a Groundhog Day kind of way)
Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #69
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I think we need some of those prunes to get this thread moving again.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #70
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My patients keep showing up on time, so i gotta work...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #71
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ohhhhh. So that's your excuse! I've been on vacation -- that's mine. But I'm glad you didn't get TOO far ahead of me; I needed time to catch up to the thread of the story. I'm back now; you may continue.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #72
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
You are too gracious!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #73
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes, get this show on the road already.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #74
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ohhhhh. So that's your excuse! I've been on vacation -- that's mine. But I'm glad you didn't get TOO far ahead of me; I needed time to catch up to the thread of the story. I'm back now; you may continue.
So that's where you've been. Welcome back, Deb! Did you have a good one?

And, pshwynkies: yes, get the show on the road, will ya?!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #75
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"How long have we been this suitcase?"

"About four days now."

"Does this mean a contingency has happened?"

"No, more like Pshyrnk got sidetracked."

"Oh. Is he knitting?"

"No, I suspect he is working. But don't let mum hear you use that word."

"Oh. Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"Can we use the box cutter to get out? It's awfully hot in here."

"Sorry; Pshyrnk's work was an unplanned contingency."

"Ummm. What's an unplanned contingency?"

"It's something you know is going to happen, but desperately hope won't so you make sure you can't cope with it when it happens. It means we're stuck in this box till pshrynk stops working, Lefty."

"So what do we are we going to do?"

"Ask Marc to send some more ZCDs to Pshrynk by otter courier."

"And that will get us out of the box, Hugo?"

"Well, it will certainly get Pshrynk out of the office...."
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wait, what?, when_harv_met_vera