Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Fictionwise - Secure MobiPocket

This may be a stupid question and I apologize in advance...

But I just finished "The Briar King" and I'm craving book 2 in the series...however, I don't feel like paying 13 bucks for it at the sony store.

That being said, is it possible to purchase the Secure Mobi format at fictionwise for 5.99 and then convert that using libris(Calibre - excuse me)

Or will the DRM be b0rked...
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
If it's available, you want to buy it in MSReader. That's the easiest to convert.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I think it's showing as available...

[Secure eReader (recommended)/Mobipocket/Microsoft Reader/Adobe Reader 7]

Guess that means it is. Calibre should convert this no problem then, hopefully..

I've never used Fictionwise and this would be my first purchase there.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You will have to run ConvertLIT to remove the DRM (but leave it as a LIT file) first, then run it through calibre.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
jaxx6166
Wizard

Microsoft won't let me activate the reader for some silly reason. "Down or unavailable"

Is it this complicated with the MOBI format, or does that work just the same as my tor conversions...
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 04:52 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Microsoft won't let me activate the reader for some silly reason. "Down or unavailable"

Is it this complicated with the MOBI format, or does that work just the same as my tor conversions...
You will have to remove DRM from Mobi as well. Depending on how advanced user of computers you are, mobi drm removing might be a lot more difficult than removing it from *.lit.

I would advise you to investigate the problem with registering MS reader on your PC because once you have solved the problem you will find that Fictionwise store is almost always a lot cheaper than Sony and you can buy *.lit books there.

Last edited by astra; 05-19-2008 at 04:55 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote