Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Stoneforger
Connoisseur
Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
On the riverside of promise - A historical action/adventure/espionage for $2.99

On the riverside of promise is an action adventure with plot twists, involving intelligence agencies, with the Biafran war, the civil war in Nigeria back in the '60s, as a backdrop.

[image too large - please replace - moderator]

Lagos, Nigeria. Summer of 1968. The war in Biafra is in full swing. Ethan Whittmore is a Captain of the Royal Marines, training government troops in support of the Nigerians.

When he learns of his brother's disappearance, a doctor with the Red Cross, he takes it upon himself to find his brother, dead or alive.

His efforts will lead him through the Nigerian jungles and rainforests amidst a bloody civil war. What lays at the end of the road though will be more than just an unexpected surprise and lots of broken promises..

Available for the Kindle on the Amazon store and in many other ebook formats from Smashwords.com

FREE promo coupon at Smashwords until October 1st: SY53G

Last edited by Stoneforger; 09-03-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: smashwords coupon
Stoneforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Stoneforger
Connoisseur
Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneforger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Red face Now available for $0.99!

"On the riverside of promise" is now available from Amazon for $0.99
Grab a copy here!
Coupon code from Smashwords is still valid until October 1st.

Read, rate and review! See what a reader had to say (from the B&N store):

(4 out of 5 stars)
African adventure

I found this book very pleasant to read.You get quite early in the read that something is off with some of the characters ,but the story provides enough twists and turns to keep you well immersed in it and interested.
i recommend it, if nothing else for the touching depiction of brotherly love that keeps the protagonist rush head first in a deadly serious situation with no interest for his personal safety and well being.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

Wink No more coupons! Just FREE!

"On the riverside of promise" is now free from Smashwords and other outlets.
Grab your copy, read, rate and review!

Diesel eBooks
Sony eBookstore

You can also get it from Amazon and Barnes and Noble for $0.99

Amazon review 4 out of 5 stars:

I liked the book, both for the story and the ideas. It addresses mainly to a readership who likes meaningful adventure stories.

Story unfolds easily, keeping the reader in suspense, and the plot changes come rather smoothly, yet sometimes suprising. Details and descriptions are of the right volume and detail and give just the information needed for the total comprehension of the story.
Deeper meaning, at least the way I got it, deals with the vanity of war and all that comes with it. Various thoughts and ideas are projected through simple and short dialogs of the starring characters, and the reader can just stick to the words and miss the underlying bitterness of who and why started the civil war in Nigeria, as well as the war in general, playing death games against mostly innocent people.

Totally, I believe it's a very high value to money book, that worths the time reading it!

Barnes and Noble review 4 out of 5 stars:

I found this book very pleasant to read.You get quite early in the read that something is off with some of the characters ,but the story provides enough twists and turns to keep you well immersed in it and interested.
i recommend it, if nothing else for the touching depiction of brotherly love that keeps the protagonist rush head first in a deadly serious situation with no interest for his personal safety and well being.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

On the riverside of promise - now for $1.00 on Amazon.com

Check out "On the riverside of promise" on Amazon.com:

Here are the reviews:

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Indeed a war novel. October 17, 2012
By Nataliya Field
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
The writer has a wonderful skill with words, painting a picture so well, that you could almost taste the bad whiskey. And the plot is fairly interesting as well, delving into war with grit and determination.

well worth the read, however I gave it only four stars, because it seemed slightly rushed, as in the book overall could have used a little more polishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blaze the Trail of Excitement on This Enticing Journey! January 23, 2013
By Logic Boy
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I was swept away from page one. The author provides perfect illustration as if you are there. From the onset you'll be lead down the path of excitement, and along the way you'll feel danger, sadness, and full throttle exhilaration. The twists often may seem predictable but the natural uncanny style was refreshing and had me guessing to near end. I'm convinced I will be reading more work by Vasileios in the near future as this was a perfect illustration of an Enticing Journey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Above all, a story that worths the reading and even more... October 3, 2012
By zisobl
Format:Paperback
I liked the book, both for the story and the ideas. It addresses mainly to a readership who likes meaningful adventure stories.

Story unfolds easily, keeping the reader in suspense, and the plot changes come rather smoothly, yet sometimes suprising. Details and descriptions are of the right volume and detail and give just the information needed for the total comprehension of the story.
Deeper meaning, at least the way I got it, deals with the vanity of war and all that comes with it. Various thoughts and ideas are projected through simple and short dialogs of the starring characters, and the reader can just stick to the words and miss the underlying bitterness of who and why started the civil war in Nigeria, as well as the war in general, playing death games against mostly innocent people.

Totally, I believe it's a very high value to money book, that worths the time reading it!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #5
Stoneforger
Connoisseur

"On the riverside of promise" is now available for free, for an unknown amount of time.

Get your copy here:

http://www.amazon.com/On-riverside-p...dp/B008X5ARMU/

Tags
action, adventure, espionage, historical, war