Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
dkritso109
Enthusiast
dkritso109 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Uploading directly to a collection inside a kindle

hi all, i just got my kindle 3 today and i love it sooooo much. i have been uploading books onto it all day, but i have kinda reached a bottleneck. i made a few collections on my kindle, and when i upload books onto it i end up spending like 10 minutes putting those books into collections on there. i would like to know if there is a way to upload books directly into the collections i want. it actually takes me much much longer to put them into collections then to put them onto the device itself.
dkritso109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Not sure if this is what you want but check out this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ection+manager
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Are you talking subfolders? I don't think the K3 has that. Unfortunately, if I am not mistaken you have to individually add them to collection. Someone mentioned in other threads that it might be quicker to click the name of the collection, then right arrow on the 5 way pad to go through books and add them to collections that way. Have fun!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
dkritso109
Enthusiast

Madam Broshkina linked me to a thread that has exactly what i need. that program is awesome!! exactly what i need. i sent him a pm i hope he lets me beta test or buy it. i want it like right now. such a cool idea, a kindle collection manager. you can create, rename, delete, and move around books inside the collections. i love it. you do this on your desktop while connected to your kindle, then when you disconnect....boom! all your stuff is there. i hope he hits me back soon.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
dkritso109
Enthusiast

oh ok later in the post there's a link to download. dl'n it now, will let yall know how it is
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
It's a great application. I'm hoping the original dev hasn't abandoned it because I would really like to see multiple item selection. However, I used it and put my 1300 books into their collections in about 2 hours.
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
dkritso109
Enthusiast

duuuuude, this program is awesome!!!!!!! i love it!! it saves me tons and tons of time. i am just going nuts with it right now. the only thing that i don't like is that you have to restart the kindle from the settings menu, and it takes like a little while to restart. the program states that you can restart it either by the settings menu or by holding the on/off button for 15 seconds, but holding the button doesn't work. you must restart it from the setting menu and then all the collections you created will then be added with all the books you wanted in them. it's just soooo freakin cool.