Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
One and a half years to get a Jetbook forum, one day to get a Nook forum. It does seem a little arbitrary and biased.
How is it arbitrary? The nook forum has already half as many posts as the Jetbook in the very few days of its existence.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
How is it arbitrary? The nook forum has already half as many posts as the Jetbook in the very few days of its existence.
There wasn't a Nook forum until it was created this morning. No one even owns one yet, it is still news. Real Jetbooks owners had no central place to go for a year and a half. Perhaps in the future you could add other selection criteria in determining whether a device warrants a forum so some who visit MR don't feel ignored?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
One and a half years to get a Jetbook forum, one day to get a Nook forum. It does seem a little arbitrary and biased.
Even non-Jetbook owners wanted the Jetbook forum to have a place to put all the messages.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #19
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Even non-Jetbook owners wanted the Jetbook forum to have a place to put all the messages.
You keep complaining despite the fact that you have a Jetbook forum. What are you trying achieve? This announcement is about the nook.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #20
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow View Post
You keep complaining despite the fact that you have a Jetbook forum. What are you trying achieve? This announcement is about the nook.
I didn't take his comment as complaining but adding that other users didn't want Jetbook owners cluttering up forums which would have been better served by a separate forum from the device's inception. I heartily concur. This also might have meant more work for the moderators in gathering all the Jetbooks posts scattered about to consolidate them into one. If Plastic Logic, which BTW I have found to have at least 500 postings (another inconsistency), ever releases their device it might be a difficult job for them.

Last edited by akira28; 10-21-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I didn't take his comment as complaining but adding that other users didn't want Jetbook owners cluttering up forums which would have been better served by a separate forum from the device's inception. I heartily concur.
Yes, and yet it is completely irrelevant to this announcement.

Quote:
If Plastic Logic, which BTW I have found to have at least 500 postings (another inconsistency), ever releases their device it might be a difficult job for them.
I am sure the moderators have heard your message and appreciate your concerns for them having a difficult job. Let's move on.

The Plastic Logic QUE will premiere at next year's CES; the nook has already premiered. The QUE cannot be ordered; the nook can. Anyways, life is full of inconsistencies. Ever since I came to accept this, I enjoy life even more.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow View Post
Yes, and yet it is completely irrelevant to this announcement.

I am sure the moderators have heard your message and appreciate your concerns for them having a difficult job. Let's move on.

The Plastic Logic QUE will premiere at next year's CES; the nook has already premiered. The QUE cannot be ordered; the nook can. Anyways, life is full of inconsistencies. Ever since I came to accept this, I enjoy life even more.
Gee, doctorow, opinions are never irrelevant. Please allow other people to express them as you so freely do.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #23
doctorow
Guru

Many opinions are irrelevant if states at the wrong place or the wrong time. Albeit, none are pointless. This thread introduces the nook forum and invites users to participate there. As such, I fail to see the relevancy of your opinion stated here that moderators had a difficult job or expressed a bias.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #24
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm hoping that there is a demo model at the local B&N or Best Buy to take a look at this weekend while I'm out trying to ignore the Christmas carols playing on the loudspeakers...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #25
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm hoping that there is a demo model at the local B&N or Best Buy to take a look at this weekend while I'm out trying to ignore the Christmas carols playing on the loudspeakers...
Wishful thinking but they have already said the demo's won't be there this weekend and for several more weekends.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Maybe I'll have to make an emergency trip to the U.S. to see this.

Hmmmm.......

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I imagine that you've got a twinge in your abdomen that could just be appendicitis and your insurance only covers surgeons in Arkansas...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #28
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
while I'm out trying to ignore the Christmas carols playing on the loudspeakers...
I don't think the Christmas Carolers come out until they can mix in with the candy urchins on Halloween.

eGeezer
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #29
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'd like to check out the Nook myself! Does it only come with a white frame?
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #30
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I'd like to check out the Nook myself! Does it only come with a white frame?
Don't worry, someone will make a skin for them as soon as they have an example for measurments. My Kindle2 hasn't been white the week after I got it in the mail. Also B&N have a nice assortment of covers for the thing. The prices are on par with Amazon listings with their ebook reader. Take a look on ebay in a couple of weeks. I'm just suprised someone hasn't been selling pre-orders for the Nook there yet.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote