Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
order of the book

Hi at all i want order all my books by author and then for series.
All times I double lick on series,and then on author and it works.
The problem is every time that I change a metadata or add a book,that it remeain in its old place,and it didn't automatically reorder.
So i ask if there is a method for automatically order the added/modified book first for author and than for series.
I'll glad to every one that can help me
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
Hi at all i want order all my books by author and then for series.
All times I double lick on series,and then on author and it works.
The problem is every time that I change a metadata or add a book,that it remeain in its old place,and it didn't automatically reorder.
So i ask if there is a method for automatically order the added/modified book first for author and than for series.
I'll glad to every one that can help me
Sticky note above screen reminding you to do just what you said?
If you have a startup sort preference set (Preferences: Tweaks), that will take care of the first start.

Many times, you will NOT want this kind of automatic action to happen, which is the best argument for not having it to worry about.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sticky note above screen reminding you to do just what you said?
If you have a startup sort preference set (Preferences: Tweaks), that will take care of the first start.

Many times, you will NOT want this kind of automatic action to happen, which is the best argument for not having it to worry about.
yes,i saw teacks section,but i didn't understand how use it,and also what's the teack that i need for order before for author and then for series.
I also saw an interesting tweack "Add separator after completing an author name",but i don't understand how use it,beacause only with "apply" it do nothing
Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The order is the same as you clicked manually, to get what you want

This tweak only applies on startup.

You must be lucky. Many series that I read have different authors. Tossing an Author sort in after a series sort makes a hash of the list.
If you are interested in a Series, Author...
use the Tag Browser. Sort the results as you go
(Series, I usually want to see in Series_indexed ORDER)

Non-series, I might want to see an Authors work in Title ORDER

The thing I am trying to convey is that Tags work WITH sort. Neither is a good replacement for the other
Old 03-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
The order is the same as you clicked manually, to get what you want

This tweak only applies on startup.

You must be lucky. Many series that I read have different authors. Tossing an Author sort in after a series sort makes a hash of the list.
If you are interested in a Series, Author...
use the Tag Browser. Sort the results as you go
(Series, I usually want to see in Series_indexed ORDER)

Non-series, I might want to see an Authors work in Title ORDER

The thing I am trying to convey is that Tags work WITH sort. Neither is a good replacement for the other
All my series have the same author, and sorry but I don't know about a series written from two or more people O_o
So there isn't a method for have alsway a real time order for author->series?(example:
b1, aut 1,ser 1
b2, aut 2,ser 1

I reneama the first in b3,aut3,ser3,and immediatly after the apply it go under b2)
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
All my series have the same author, and sorry but I don't know about a series written from two or more people O_o
So there isn't a method for have alsway a real time order for author->series?(example:
b1, aut 1,ser 1
b2, aut 2,ser 1

I reneama the first in b3,aut3,ser3,and immediatly after the apply it go under b2)
No! Not Automatic!

You might look at the view manage Plugin. IIRC it stores 'saved' views, and allows them to be recalled.

The Manage series PI is great for reordering books WITHIN a series.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
No! Not Automatic!

You might look at the view manage Plugin. IIRC it stores 'saved' views, and allows them to be recalled.

The Manage series PI is great for reordering books WITHIN a series.
thanks i will try this 2 plug-ins
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
View Manager is definitely the way to go
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
Ansem_93
Zealot

thanks i'm using view manager and it's perfect!